[Event] 2015 Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #3 Clarens

WesselvdWalt

Dit was n uitstekende wedren. Het lekker rustig met die marathon gery (71km). My buddy se eerste ry na n val en sleutelbeen breek. hy het swaar gekry maar klaargemaak. Die natuurtonele was ongelooflik en die wild Zebra en rooibokke was lekker om na te kyk. Sondag oggend rustige 20 km funride met my vrou. Ek dink net dit was n onreg om die funriders 8 km singletrack met die halfmarthon te laat deel. Die 45 km het gesukkel om by van die kinders en vroue verby te kom en ek glo dit was frusterend vir hulle. Maar ondanks alles was en is dit een van die wedrenne wat bo aan my bucketlist is vir volgende jaar. Klim was 1531 m. Hoe vergelyk dit met die ander en die afstand net oor die 71 km

Ek het gekry 71km en 1403m ascent - met Garmin Edge 500. My 2 pelle se ascent was ook rondom 1400 tot 1430 oor 71km - met garmin edge 800's

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an awesome weekend away.

Husband had to pull out of the marathon at 50km due to mechanical then did the 45km yesterday on my bike (I got the weekend off )

And my little guy managed his second podium of the series after being in hospital a week ago

Awesome weekend all round!

This isn't your husbands Ass is it??

:-o

post-4874-0-20226800-1429550063_thumb.jpg

Small world eh?

We had a chat at this "forced stop point" on the rocks and I pointed out that his saddle was skew. He told me it was his wifes bike (and presumably her shorts too), he'd broken his bike the day before.

Saw him again after the finish and we shook hands and congratulated each other on finishing in one piece.

Just another example of how many great people there were on the day having fun.

:-)

Tough one, I got 76km on two units...? Good one too ride to remind you too train

71km Agreed, 76 included some "touring"

Great ride and also started with cramps, but backed of and sucked down loads of water and recovered for the last climb.

As for the guy pushing his bike, I was informed by a friend who gave him a lift back from the 60km water point, that he rebuilt his bike the pervious evening as the original frame broke. In the race his crank failed.

As for the other riders ""Kudos" . Decided to enjoy my first Clarens marathon and wow. The views were fantastic.

Garmin indicated 72,4 km and 1579m climbing. Other stats were Top Speed 61,7 km/hr, Average Speed 17,8 km/hr, Kal 3659 burnt.

On the last done hill we also got stuck behind an older rider who was far to cautions for me. He obliged my request and were he could moved over which opened up the experience of a lifetime.

Will be back

What group did you start in? Our max speed and avr are almost the same. This was my toy for the day

post-40228-0-03732800-1429610358_thumb.jpg

Had a great time at Clarens! Weather was far better than I thought it would be. Wife and I did the marathon on Saturday and then the 20km with my in-laws on Sunday. I really underestimated the marathon. First 50km's went by quickly and easily. Last 25km's I cramped terribly.

Guest Travis.

That's interesting. .. If you come late or ride below your weight you'd gain a few min.

Explain?

The Marathon was an amazing ride. The views and different terrain you experience was magnificent. I have done a few training rides in Clarens but normally end up doing the Toeka loop which is jeep track on the other side of the main road to Fouriesburg. Does anyone know if any parts of the marathon route is open to ride outside of the race?? Especially the last 10km........

The Marathon was an amazing ride. The views and different terrain you experience was magnificent. I have done a few training rides in Clarens but normally end up doing the Toeka loop which is jeep track on the other side of the main road to Fouriesburg. Does anyone know if any parts of the marathon route is open to ride outside of the race?? Especially the last 10km........

I'm sure if you go to Clarens Extreme you can purchase a day pass to ride the trails that formed part of the last 10km's. The Fire Department have been heavily involved in building those trails in their spare time and I'm sure the town is trying to maximize its appeal as a cycling destination. Would be a shame to build those trails to use only 1 day a year.

I'm sure if you go to Clarens Extreme you can purchase a day pass to ride the trails that formed part of the last 10km's. The Fire Department have been heavily involved in building those trails in their spare time and I'm sure the town is trying to maximize its appeal as a cycling destination. Would be a shame to build those trails to use only 1 day a year.

Jy kan by Clarens Extreme n dagpermit kry teen R50.00. Dit sluit dan die roete uit teen die berg draai links met die single roete terug na dorp - deur dorp - die ou roete teen die berg uit en dan met die nuwe roete terug. Kan ongeveer 25 km ver ry. 

Archived