[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Hi G,

Is there no chance you can arrange speeding up the seeding of Carnival on Pedal power in time so it effects our Emporess seedings.

Emporess entries closes Monday 30th. Was hoping for a good seeding for Emporess after great Carnival.

No pressure.

Thanks.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi G,

Is there no chance you can arrange speeding up the seeding of Carnival on Pedal power in time so it effects our Emporess seedings.

Emporess entries closes Monday 30th. Was hoping for a good seeding for Emporess after great Carnival.

No pressure.

Thanks.

If I knew how, I would've done so already - sorry I can't give you a better answer

If I knew how, I would've done so already - sorry u can't give you a better answer

Thanks no problem

If I knew how, I would've done so already - sorry I can't give you a better answer

My seeding is horrible..A bunch all of last year . This year they have some crazy crap going on . Using my slowest races and dropped seeding off the charts (lol)

Hi G,

No pressure.

Thanks.

I contacted pedal power directly last week after my emails went unanswered and i wanted my CCMC results to be used for my Tour Durban seeding. According to them, Emperors and Tour Durban both use their own seeding stats for their respective races. Again, according to pedal power the next event that uses PP's seeding index is only in September and therefore they will not be running nor updating their index till August in preparations of that race. She didn't reveal whether the race in question is Dome2Dome or which event it is.

I contacted pedal power directly last week after my emails went unanswered and i wanted my CCMC results to be used for my Tour Durban seeding. According to them, Emperors and Tour Durban both use their own seeding stats for their respective races. Again, according to pedal power the next event that uses PP's seeding index is only in September and therefore they will not be running nor updating their index till August in preparations of that race. She didn't reveal whether the race in question is Dome2Dome or which event it is.

very interesting, soon we will not have seeding and bunches will be filled on a first come basis (sighhh) , so much for trying to get seeding up :thumbdown: . Thanks for the Info ScottC

very interesting, soon we will not have seeding and bunches will be filled on a first come basis (sighhh) , so much for trying to get seeding up :thumbdown: . Thanks for the Info ScottC

Thats so sad and unfair. Thanks ScottC-M

You aren't the only one - my emails are either misunderstood or unread/not replied to.

Thanks for this - we have club members that have a good relationship with Wynand de Villiers (Race Director for the Emperor's Classic) - I'll (try) find out how they're doing their seeding.

In the past, we used to submit our results to Cycle Events as we also had a good relationship with them too. I can't comment on their current setup (they're now part of that CTCTT, Racetec and PPA conglomerate), but in the past they did their own seeding. This means all events done through their website are seeded by them - remember the old SuperCycling seeding?

Let's see what comes of this - if anything.

Remember that I am also a cyclist that rides a number of events throughout the year and while I'm racing VB at the moment and don't really bother with my own personal seeding, I still have a passion to try help wherever I can.

Cycle Events are doing the seeding for Emperor's - Wynand just confirmed.

Now to start the process with them.

edit:

This means that most of the races hosted by Cycle Events will be used for your seeding.

• 2 weeks later...

You may have received an email yesterday/today for a feedback survey from the race.

If you haven't received an email, the link is http://surveymonkey.com/s/KH3B2PJ

Be honest and say whatever concerns you.

Going to collect numbers (and wasting half a day) is a popular comment. 

Going to collect numbers (and wasting half a day) is a popular comment. 

Especially when they don't accept any plastic, and you get shown the door to go find an ATM and come all the way back. Took me waaaaayyyy back. Back into time 1988.

Especially when they don't accept any plastic, and you get shown the door to go find an ATM and come all the way back. Took me waaaaayyyy back. Back into time 1988.

I know, I was at Fourways Cyclelab on the Friday afternoon - if it was me I would've walked away, although the internet banking sort of solved it.

Any comments, good or bad, the organising committee needs to hear from you, and not through me.

• 1 month later...

So after doing the Tour Durban I went onto the PPA seeding index for the fun of it and saw that the TD results were updated but not the CCMC. So yesterday i got into cont\ct with PPA again and was cc'd in an email send from Shana Weber to Gary Trepes as he is the correct person to sort our little issue out. Gary however is on leave and will only be back on Monday.

I shall keep you guys informed if you want?

Thanks, please do.

I'll be surprised if you get any answer better than the one I got from them. But who knows... stranger things have happened.

BTW, I've just come back from a meeting for the Emperor's race and they (PPA) are correct about Emperor's doing their own seeding - it's an ASG event and they do have their own database and do their own seeding. But more about that another day.

• 3 weeks later...

So after doing the Tour Durban I went onto the PPA seeding index for the fun of it and saw that the TD results were updated but not the CCMC. So yesterday i got into cont\ct with PPA again and was cc'd in an email send from Shana Weber to Gary Trepes as he is the correct person to sort our little issue out. Gary however is on leave and will only be back on Monday.

I shall keep you guys informed if you want?

So after numerous more attempts this is the latest reply from Mr. Gary Trepes

"Good morning Scott,

Our seeding system is maintained by Racetec. Data from Champion chip events is not normally used in their seeding.

Please direct your inquiries to Racetec."

So after numerous more attempts this is the latest reply from Mr. Gary Trepes

"Good morning Scott,

Our seeding system is maintained by Racetec. Data from Champion chip events is not normally used in their seeding.

Please direct your inquiries to Racetec."

Same message, different wording that I got. I will try again with a different approach.

There are some changes in the pipeline that I would love to share now but it's still early days.

Archived