Wind speed that stops you riding?

wynandk

Yesterday I had the wind coming at me at a 60 degree angle.  It pushed my straight sideways on a few occasions.  I'm not excited about going home later.  I keep telling myself that it's making me stronger, but it's also making me later and slower in the moment...

The only time I want it to be windy is when I'm kitesurfing! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in PE.... WTF is wind?

That said - I have averaged 12kph on the ride out, and had an average of 48 by the end of the ride.... it was a fun trip back.... sort of....

From Tableview this morning I had to remind myself that the wind would be helping me on the way home, well I hope...

From Tableview this morning I had to remind myself that the wind would be helping me on the way home, well I hope...

you need to pull in behind us and we can offer a wind break of sorts.

Leave the VET opposite Bayside at 6:45am

Living in PE if I didn't ride when the wind blows I'd never ride ;) Some places have a lot of trees and it blocks the wind nicely.

This was last Sat / Sun 16 Nov's Windguru prediction for PE. I didn't ride.

I get flashbacks from IMSA 2012 looking at this...Was NOT a pleasant day out.

Latched onto a back actor thing this morning. Wind was not the problem. The cold was the problem. Could not get my legs working. Still feel a bit chilled.

Worst wind I had was in one Argus. But that was ages ago.

you need to pull in behind us and we can offer a wind break of sorts.

Leave the VET opposite Bayside at 6:45am

Thanks Hairy, I leave too early though (05:30am)

nothing better than catching the whip around coming down from the top of Ou Kaapse Weg in gale force winds, makes you feel alive (until one day when it won't)

I grew up in PE.... WTF is wind?

That said - I have averaged 12kph on the ride out, and had an average of 48 by the end of the ride.... it was a fun trip back.... sort of....

Yip. I used to live in PE. Had a ride where the wind turned into something a bit stronger than a gale. I was sitting at 9km/h. Heart rate at 93% and I overtook a small bunch of cyclists who must have been doing about 7,5km/h. They tried to get on my wheel but that wind you can't hide from no matter where you are in a bunch.

Jip, summer has finaly arrived in Cape Town.

SE is howling 3rd day in a row now. Cape Docter is doing his job, blowing all the polluted air out to sea.

Jip, summer has finaly arrived in Cape Town.

SE is howling 3rd day in a row now. Cape Docter is doing his job, blowing all the polluted air out to sea.

Exactly the reason I asked this question.  I feel bad for not commuting this week so far (and probably the rest of the week too, but just don't think I'm lus for the wind.

The kind that blows birds out of the sky...

That said i was a resident in J-bay for a couple of years, its like the wind gets made there.

Exactly the reason I asked this question.  I feel bad for not commuting this week so far (and probably the rest of the week too, but just don't think I'm lus for the wind.

You need some - HTFU, been riding the entire week from Tableview side, and even did 2 stops on top of Signal Hill this week. One of my mates are riding in from Melkbos - imagine that!

Archived