Velo Life KZN

Mousea

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their PMB premises were huge. Overheads must have been horrendous.

Sad.

Then why did they move from the smaller place they had ?

This makes me ask the question.

Are there to many Bike Shops out there ?

No. Other PMB shops have successfully been around for years and have even expanded.

My guess, was due to some poor business decisions.

You also can't get too big too quickly in PMB. You need to find a niche and service that well and grow from there. Velo never seemed settled and kept moving around into premises that weren't optimal.

IMO...

Velolife shop has moved to to another premises...where Hirsch's was in PMB. Nice shop

They did. Sometime ago. They closed this morning.

This from a newsletter they sent out:

Important Notice with regards to Velo Life Cc

Velo Life Cc (the holding company of the Velo Life franchise) has been placed under voluntary liquidation. This will however not have any affect with regards to Velo Life Somerset West, Velo Life Rosebank, Velo Life Rustenburg or Velo Life Pretoria as all of these shops are owned by separate legal entities. We thought we would just like to share this info with all of our clients to avoid the spreading of incorrect rumors (as is often the case in the cycling industry). For these shops it will be business as usual with the focus on servicing the cycling community with a smile.

BMC international will be taking over the distribution of BMC bicycles in South Africa from Velo Life Cc and we look forward to a mutual beneficial relationship going forward. Bergamont also indicated that they will remain a major role player in the SA market going into 2015. We would like to apologize to all clients should there be a delay in service delivery with regards to these two brands until the take-over process has been completed.

the primary problem as I understand is that he had purchase all the bikes upfront and then recover costs through local sales. Not sure why BMC are now handling sales in SA directly, but clearly there is something bigger that is really not our business

the primary problem as I understand is that he had purchase all the bikes upfront and then recover costs through local sales. Not sure why BMC are now handling sales in SA directly, but clearly there is something bigger that is really not our business

Upfront stock purchases are not unusual for distributors.

BMC are handling distribution, not direct sales.

I understood VeloLife to handle both. Distribution and sales through VeloLife cc and sales through the other stores. The remaining stores will continue to sell but the distributor is no longer and so distirbution needs to go back to BMC...

Not that it's any of my business. Just keep in mind that voluntary liquidation of a company does not always happen when they cannot fulfill they're financial obligations. It can also be done to bring the existence of a company to an end, this may be due to the fact that the share holders does not want to be part of it or any other reason

I hope that the guys who have put down deposits, get their money back on bikes or frames that haven't been delivered yet.

Doesn't look good for them tho.

Archived