Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Assuming you had a choice between taking Scarlett Johansson or Coenie Oosthuizen away for a romantic weekend, I am sure Coenie would be cheaper, but then it wouldn't really be the same would it?

Had to google Coenie Oostthuizen.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on this? Available as frameset and priced slightly better than the Niner

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

how much of a saving? I'd still say the RLT9 would be a better choice.

Thoughts on this? Available as frameset and priced slightly better than the Niner

image.jpeg

Is that an alloy frame? If so, they're essentially the same thing. So then I'd compare geometries and what would be more suitable for my needs in this regard and component vs cost value of the two. Sure, Niner has lots of hype around it (especially here at the moment) but a Kona would be a cool, unique bike to ride. Do the 'black & white' spec sheet comparison.

how much of a saving? I'd still say the RLT9 would be a better choice.

May I ask how many Rands we are talking for the Kona frameset?

And.....it does look rather sexy!

The Kona is R700 cheaper(delivered) than the Niner web price. Don't know how much the delivery would cost for the Niner. Both frames are alu with carbon fork, the Kona being TA and BB is threaded where the Niner is pressfit. Prefer the rear caliper placement of the Niner though. Both of them look nice, but I think the Niner has a bit more wow factor

Is that an alloy frame? If so, they're essentially the same thing. So then I'd compare geometries and what would be more suitable for my needs in this regard and component vs cost value of the two. Sure, Niner has lots of hype around it (especially here at the moment) but a Kona would be a cool, unique bike to ride. Do the 'black & white' spec sheet comparison.

too much common sense in there for my liking  :whistling:

Still undecided though. The Planet X London frame is also a nice looking frame, little bit on the plain jane side of looks, but good value coming in at about half the price of the Niner and Kona

The Kona is R700 cheaper(delivered) than the Niner web price. Don't know how much the delivery would cost for the Niner. Both frames are alu with carbon fork, the Kona being TA and BB is threaded where the Niner is pressfit. Prefer the rear caliper placement of the Niner though. Both of them look nice, but I think the Niner has a bit more wow factor

was about to Say Niner for R700 but I like the TA and threaded BB.........

R700 cheaper than what price?

Wow factor is personal (and only really relevant to the steel Niners ;) ) so that aside, I'd personally stay away from PF BBs on anything that comes near dust. Maybe it's just my crappy experiences with PF BBs...

Wow factor is personal (and only really relevant to the steel Niners ;) ) so that aside, I'd personally stay away from PF BBs on anything that comes near dust. Maybe it's just my crappy experiences with PF BBs...

What I have read as well on other forums re BB Edited by LOOK695