Do you ever stop falling over?

Dazshell

Maybe just make sure that you are awake before trying to climb on your bike. :whistling:

I remember (1979!) actually falling asleep on my bike on an early morning ride while going uphill past Hyde Park Shopping Centre.... bike slowed down to a standstill and it just fell over, with me attached.

Woke up when my shin smashed into the pavement   :oops:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week, was standing still, over my bike - chatting to a woman on the spruit while playing with her lab.

Is LAB short for something? Mods will slam this one if I type it out.

Just glad she was not out walking her siamese cat - that would have been worse

ALLLLLLLLL I can tell you is the following....

If you are using SPD's.... take them off your bike, gently place in the garbage...

ANND

Buy yourself a set of Egg Beaters.. You will NEVER get stuck again and fall over because of your pedals...

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Bwaaaaaaa ha ha haaa. Imagine that - and if she was wearing boots...

ALLLLLLLLL I can tell you is the following....

If you are using SPD's.... take them off your bike, gently place in the garbage...

ANND

Buy yourself a set of Egg Beaters.. You will NEVER get stuck again and fall over because of your pedals...

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

yes but you will need to rebuild, service and pray they actually work for the whole time you use them. ill take reliability thanks. :ph34r:

Sies.!!!   :w00t:

Guest Omega Man

I prefer Sphynx (hairless) cats.  :whistling:

Im a huge noob, fall over almost every time I get on the MTB.

I blame my pedals - these things:

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/sites/default/files/imagecache/product-rotational-main/product_images/onco.jpg

UNIVERSAL RULE OF FALLING #1

1. You always fall in front of a hot member of the opposite sex / crowd of people / your children

Or your dogs.  First they are like WTF dude??? Then they realize that you are on the ground and can't get away.  So a lick attack ensues. 

Fell with the bike once.  (GS650GS) and was pinned.  Bella took the opportunity to try and lick me as a prep to swallow me.  Well that is the way it felt at the moment.

Im a huge noob, fall over almost every time I get on the MTB.

I blame my pedals - these things:

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/sites/default/files/imagecache/product-rotational-main/product_images/onco.jpg

These are the biggest mistake new to cleat users make... My other half has a set and I literally think they are trying to kill me every time I have used them

These are the biggest mistake new to cleat users make... My other half has a set and I literally think they are trying to kill me every time I have used them

Ya these are asking for marred shines for life... 

I almost wiped the other day, was stuck between unclipping or doing a track stand. 

I have to mention too, that Im terrible at track stand.  :ph34r:

yes but you will need to rebuild, service and pray they actually work for the whole time you use them. ill take reliability thanks. :ph34r:

Perhaps area depending...

In KZN too much mud around and got over having to kick the mud off and struggling to clip in..

Did a race a few years back and that was the case, spent more time trying to clip in than anything....

Bought egg beaters the next day and never looked back...

Different strokes for different folks... **pun intended**  :D  :P  :D

Archived