Orthopedic surgeon needed. URGENT

Meentb

You dont get better than Johan Nel at PTA East, he did my 3 level fusion, and I am on my bike 3 hours a day, better now than I ever was........

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the safest way to have a baby.

That's a good Friday topic. I opened that can of worms once at work. Eish it was more involved than I thought. The opinions are almost as strong as religion and politics.

and crap rugby :thumbdown:  :blush:  :blush:

That's debatable. Still the only SA team with more than 1 Super Rugby trophy on the sideboard. And that's a fact!

Currie Cup

Since the competition become established as an annual competition in 1968.

Team Number of wins Notes Most recent Northern Transvaal/Blue Bulls 21 Four shared 2009 Western Province 12 Two shared 2014 Natal Sharks 7   2013 Transvaal/Gauteng Lions/Golden Lions 6 One shared 2011 Orange Free State/Free State Cheetahs 4 One shared 2007 Griqualand West/Griquas 1   1970

You may not like them but they know how to win when it counts!

That's debatable. Still the only SA team with more than 1 Super Rugby trophy on the sideboard. And that's a fact!

Winning rugby and crap rugby are not mutually exclusive...... unfortunately.... :(

I drank 2 cataflams before the sore stomach. Was then told that the cataflam burnt my stoms have. Immediately stopped the cataflam.

I've noticed that I do get the stomach pains every time I ate. I have started to eat less and less. Fear of having those mad pains again.

I've seen so many medical practitioners and we have deduced that the stomach pain can be a reference (verwysde) pain coming from my back.

I'm off to have a MRI at 10:00 to establish if the compression in my back is a new injury or an old injury.

Celebrex and Tramal both have gastro intestinal side effects too.... don't know if the Nexium will combat those very effectively in your case - more a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I pm'd you my first choice to consult - I am interested in your MRI result  keep us inthe loop.

Also fresh from an MRI - pinched nerve at L1 - was at an orthopedic surgeon as the symptoms where so strong in my leg that I thought my hips were giving in.  Referred pain they call it.

Now off to the neuro recommended to me.

Stayed off the drugs as much as possible - Cataflam did work for me when it got real bad although racing proved quite challenging due to light headedness so I stopped taking it and just remain on my feet as much as possible.  Sitting is a painful experience at the moment. 

Much more common than I thought!

Currie Cup

Since the competition become established as an annual competition in 1968.

Team Number of wins Notes Most recent Northern Transvaal/Blue Bulls 21 Four shared 2009 Western Province 12 Two shared 2014 Natal Sharks 7   2013 Transvaal/Gauteng Lions/Golden Lions 6 One shared 2011 Orange Free State/Free State Cheetahs 4 One shared 2007 Griqualand West/Griquas 1   1970

My office is decked out in Bulls paraphernalia (including many signed jerseys). I am a supporter but the last few seasons were dismall and ugly.

Celebrex and Tramal both have gastro intestinal side effects too.... don't know if the Nexium will combat those very effectively in your case - more a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I pm'd you my first choice to consult - I am interested in your MRI result keep us inthe loop.

Thanks V12. I'm just waiting for the MRI results. I saw your PM and will reply in due course. Just need to establish if I do need a surgeon or not.

Also fresh from an MRI - pinched nerve at L1 - was at an orthopedic surgeon as the symptoms where so strong in my leg that I thought my hips were giving in.  Referred pain they call it.

Now off to the neuro recommended to me.

Stayed off the drugs as much as possible - Cataflam did work for me when it got real bad although racing proved quite challenging due to light headedness so I stopped taking it and just remain on my feet as much as possible.  Sitting is a painful experience at the moment. 

Much more common than I thought!

Eish I feel for you. Back pain is a bitch!

Two weeks from today is the two year anniversary of my L1 compression fracture.

Morphine was the only thing that kept my pain under control while in ICU and then a massive supply of Stillpane when discharged from the neuro ward at Milpark.

Recovery was slow and treatment all about pain control. 

You'll probably get some good sh*t from the Neuro for keeping the pain down.

Strongs...

Thanks V12. I'm just waiting for the MRI results. I saw your PM and will reply in due course. Just need to establish if I do need a surgeon or not.

Abnormal MRI does not equate to surgical pathology. Up to 60% of the normal population will have abnormalities on MRI (incidental findings). Clinical examination is still key. The radiological report carries very little weight with the spinal people.

Archived