The Value Logistics FAST ONE

Long Wheel Base

Thanks, I really enjoy it when the guys work together. Do the best we can. That's what doing these races is all about to me. Complete strangers working/suffering for a common goal. Great stuff.

What top were you wearing? I remember that more than the type of bike

Light Blue Top & Bib with Esmero Cycling on it....

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the fast one compare to Dischem Ride 4 Sight in A bunch? 1st time in a and finished in the 1st group but it was not an easy ride. According to my data both races has more or less same amount of climbing in.

You should probably be about 30min slower for R4S. It has a fairly tough hill leaving heidelburg and is a little bit longer. R4S has always been my fitness tester for argus(CTCT) as my time has always been VERY similar. Last year for fast one I did 2h27 and 2h58 for R4S.

Reading about the crashes, I am wondering of my decision to not take full racing licence this year after not much cycling last year was a good thing.

Will see how it goes the next two race , but if it as dangerous in the bunches I would rather just buy my license and race with the vets again.

Hope all goes well in Serengeti this weekend.

You should probably be about 30min slower for R4S. It has a fairly tough hill leaving heidelburg and is a little bit longer. R4S has always been my fitness tester for argus(CTCT) as my time has always been VERY similar. Last year for fast one I did 2h27 and 2h58 for R4S.

After the 2h58 in R4S, what time did you do at Argus?

Lekker ride yesterday was also in AL batch. Went down in the 2nd crash but nothing more than some roasties. Time trialled home which wasnt the worst thing, as was able to work off most of my adrenalin, also think there were some grateful B batchers that sat on my wheel.

I am definitely of the opinion if somebody is riding like a twat, he should be told he is, as the reason I went down was because the guy in front of me got his wheel swiped.

Cruising at 40km/hr plus and somebody is riding erratically, its not only dangerous for the bunch but also for himself!

BUT how was the traffic getting out?????? flip I sat on the track for quit a while.

It's all those cyclists...  I blame them, I tell you.  They don't belong on the road.  :ph34r:

B batch was awesome today, besides an AL rider wearing a green top and baggies, he was causing some issues aswell, luckily no crashes that I saw.

Finished top 10 in B, PB :)

I was also in BL, and had numerous issues with the same AL rider in Green top and Baggies. Friggin clown was all over the place..........

After the 2h58 in R4S, what time did you do at Argus?

3h01m30s with a dropped chain up smits. I even have proof! go to page 6 of that argus magazine that just came out now. In the editors letter there is a not so lekker photo of us fixing the dropped chain. was in racing tandems so was a lonely road when the group goes off up the road and the next group is still way back.

Something slightly different, I've noticed that there were a few cameramen on route in today's event (and obviously they're not from usual jetline photographers group)

Any know who they were & would those photos be upload somewhere that the public can view?

cyclenation.co.za has a few photos up.

Would love to give feedback about race on Sunday. Riding in group with 30+ riders with oncoming traffic not diverted was insane. One rider went off the road completely, narrowly missing a car. Please can something be done in future. Groups are big and the cycling is competitive - organisers must ensure better safety for cyclists.

Would love to give feedback about race on Sunday. Riding in group with 30+ riders with oncoming traffic not diverted was insane. One rider went off the road completely, narrowly missing a car. Please can something be done in future. Groups are big and the cycling is competitive - organisers must ensure better safety for cyclists.

Riders can take responsibility for themselves too, we are all big boys and girls. If you choose to go over the line into oncoming traffic you cant blame the organizers. You know these race do not have full road closure.

The marshals do a fantastic and difficult job controlling inconvenienced drivers.

Light Blue Top & Bib with Esmero Cycling on it....

I got it now, remember.

Thanks bud, was a pleasure riding with you and the other guys.

As we caught more and more it became a little difficult to keep the group going though, but was still fun.

Ag nee man, what's it with you and crashing? Hope you didn't damage your bike again. I went looking for you at the Esmero tent, but I think one of the guys there thought I was wanting to swipe a boerie roll, got a skeef look, so left ;)

Sorry about that . I will meet you next time 

Hopefully im done with crashing now... Ironically its never my fault ..Shocked face 

I have a multitool that i need to return to a good Samaritan.. Holler at me please Kind stranger 

My internet has been down (sucks) missed Serengeti registration ... urggghhhh . Cross my fingers for line entry or late entry or something ... 

Sorry about that . I will meet you next time

Hopefully im done with crashing now... Ironically its never my fault ..Shocked face

I have a multitool that i need to return to a good Samaritan.. Holler at me please Kind stranger

My internet has been down (sucks) missed Serengeti registration ... urggghhhh . Cross my fingers for line entry or late entry or something ...

I have a Serengeti entry that I'm not going to use, Berge n Dale instead for me, if you want it it's yours...

Riders can take responsibility for themselves too, we are all big boys and girls. If you choose to go over the line into oncoming traffic you cant blame the organizers. You know these race do not have full road closure.

The marshals do a fantastic and difficult job controlling inconvenienced drivers.

Hit the nail on the head patch. The rules state we must keep to the left lane balkan, So just do it. Those bike marshalls do a brilliant job for the manpower and resources they have, We don't have to make their jobs more difficult by riding like chops. I'm not saying you where doing it but there are plenty guys that think they can take over the whole road. If a rider isn't happy with racing while there are cars on the road then they must only do the CTCT, 947 or track cycling. 

EDIT: or mtb

I have a Serengeti entry that I'm not going to use, Berge n Dale instead for me, if you want it it's yours...

Thank you once again.. My Hero ( Clapping  hands ), I will take you up on that offer .

Archived