Speed vs Traction: Direction of MTB Tyres (GEAX Saguaro)

ByronH

Why Fanie? What happened?

Burped the front and went OTB (and over the edge of the burn I was trying to rip) 4 weeks in a wrist brace and a moese knock to my ego [emoji85] [emoji5]

Burped the front and went OTB (and over the edge of the burn I was trying to rip) 4 weeks in a wrist brace and a moese knock to my ego [emoji85] [emoji5]

Yikes, just did 2 rides on new tubeless at higher pressure to make sure everythings seated and sealed. Going lower pressure tomorrow, hope it works (I'm 125kg!)

Haha... I weigh 83... So what's the correct pressure :)?

I ride my 29er at around 2 bar. I weigh around 88kg and use 2.3 tyres.

I'm 69kg and run my tyres 1.4 front and 1.6 back on Wide Lightnings. I think they do prevent burping alot because of the width

76kg and running 1.8 rear with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 SS Pacestar and 1.6 - 1.7 front with Hans Dampf 2.35 SS Trailstar on Giant TRX1 27.5 wheelset.

would not run lower on these tyres. Different tyres with more wall can probably go a bit lower...

Also check it regularly. As last weekend I nearly went out on a 1.6 back and 1.2 front.

Ive got the exact tyre's and Im running the front at 2bar/rear at 2.2bar (Also hate riding flat feeling tyres).

I weigh 89kg's. Very happy with these tyres!

I am 96kg - Tyres - 2.25 S-NN Front, - 1.7 bar / 25psi front,  2.2 M-CM rear - 2.0 bar/ 28 psi. tubeless with sealant. This is on my compressor ! Slightly softer if it`s wet/muddy/thick sand. 

I find that if the pressure is too soft the things get a bit wallowy and squirmy and generally adjust my pressure according to feel rather than absolute figures as tyres can vary from brand to brand.

So I tried different tyre pressures today on the Spruit. It worked so well! 2.2 bar rear, 2 bar front... It will take me some time to get used to the bouncing of the rear though on uneven terrain.. But then again, I'm used to a 'super-hard tail' with rear pressures which used to be close to 3 bar!

According to the formula: 1.7 in front and 2.0 at the back. But it can change with different tires. It is just a guide.

I was running 1.4-1.5 during the Epic last year and never had rock strikes on my rims. I weighed 95 kg then. Was running a saguaro in the back and a Spez ground control in front. Both of them in the 29x 2.2 range. And BTW I don't hold back going down. At 95 kg I can only really enjoy the downhills.

I've got the rear (Saguaro) running in traction rather than speed. Seems to work great in dusty/ dry /gravelly conditions we've got at the moment.

I have to agree your pressure waaay to high.

I also hv saguaro tires back and front and they pull me round corners I fear I hv over cooked the speed..very good strong confidence inspiring and never burped or had sidewall troubles.

Archived