19/01/2015 Tokai 6am

wepat

Hi Hubbers

went for my usual Sunday 6AM ride with a good friend first ride for him but advised him, bring a R100 to pay for a day permit and a coffee.

Go to ticket office nobody there, and being aware people saying rangers are there from 5am

Get too car park a SANPARKS  bakkie and one female and one male official blocking entry

There was already about 10 guys and few already asking questions

We were told if you do not have an activity card you must wait until 7-7.30am

we said we tried to buy a day ticket and were happy to pay could we pay them Answer

No we have no receipts and cannot take monies, we asked to write our names and pay on return

Answer NO

Eventually there were so many people they did not know what to do and let people through it was a joke

My Rant is

if you want to enforce a policy either have the ticket office open early as you cannot buy a day permit the day before which to me is stupid just issue the date its valid for

Or have a method of collecting the monies for people who want to pay and ride

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the post, they weren't allowed to enter until 7/7:30

No, if you read it, they were eventually let through cos there were so many people and they didn't know what to do...

Agreed that there needs to be some sort of collection routine. Snapscan would work brilliantly.

Tokai as a battleground. bliksem, can't believe it's coming to that.

muppets.

If you read the post, they weren't allowed to enter until 7/7:30

whoops...

No, if you read it, they were eventually let through cos there were so many people and they didn't know what to do...

Agreed that there needs to be some sort of collection routine. Snapscan would work brilliantly.

My apologies

The Payment system at Tokai is a joke. You pay at the picnic area, get to Tokai, and there's no one at the sign in area.

I've been through this with Parks and unfortunately there is no possibility for a payment system before 7, at least not yet.. 

Indeed Snapscan could be a solution here. In general a good alternative to a 'honesty box'.

What a waste of man/woman power. They should be making sure that people pay but in summer that means the gate/office has to be working nice and early. Dumb TMNP, Dumb. 

Archived