Shimano XTR 9000 availability

Don Sol

Frustrated... good choice of word for a public forum. Well ive bought the groupset. I have received basically 1 item a month since September. Its Nearly Feb and still no cranks. All the punt but no supply. Crazy. However the OEMs have all ratios and all crank lengths. The original forecast was that the Di2 was to hit the shelves Jan. Feel sorry for anyone waiting, maybe October. Speed it up Shimano.

Release date for the Di2 XTR in SA was Feb and I've been accumulating my groupset as it's been coming in. Last item (battery) should be here in a day or 2. So ultimately the Feb release date has been met. Difficulty may come in the stock levels as they'll get sold out pretty quick.

Release date for the Di2 XTR in SA was Feb and I've been accumulating my groupset as it's been coming in. Last item (battery) should be here in a day or 2. So ultimately the Feb release date has been met. Difficulty may come in the stock levels as they'll get sold out pretty quick.

thats great. You must have mates at coolheat. Hows about organising a couple cranks send to Durban. Ive had an order in since sept. ive got the lot but a crank.

Have a Dura ace order in since December. They don't know when they will be able to fulfill the order completely

thats great. You must have mates at coolheat. Hows about organising a couple cranks send to Durban. Ive had an order in since sept. ive got the lot but a crank.

The last piece of my XTR Di2 puzzle just arrived, so groupset complete! Will prob build over on Monday for a Tuesday test - I hope :thumbup:

Don Sol it helps being a dealer so I see when the stocks come in.

The last piece of my XTR Di2 puzzle just arrived, so groupset complete! Will prob build over on Monday for a Tuesday test - I hope :thumbup:

Don Sol it helps being a dealer so I see when the stocks come in.

Aha....cool.

As a matter of interest what does the groupset retail for?

I haven't actually added it all together yet - will do so when I've completed assembly with all wires etc. But it's not cheap by any means.......

The mechanical set is 17k I think. what swayed my choice from xx1 etc. Is replacement costs. Derailer, casette etc. Xx1 casette is R4800 XTR 9000 is R2900. Rear der. 5000 vs 2800. And as we know a rear derailer is quiet exposed. XTR is a touch lighter than xx1 I think.

I costed it at about R38K

Pretty spot on that! Full retail is R37.5k incl all wiring, BB, and Ant+ transmitter.

Archived