Strava - who uses it and who doesn't

Rapunzel

I use strava ...  

347 members have voted

1. 1. I use strava

• all the time
    • roughly half the time
    • never

Use it. Love it. I am competitive as hell and use it to target myself for rides and to compare improvements. Sometimes you feel like you did better but strava clearly demonstrates if you did or not. Don't really care how everyone else is doing, just like to keep beating myself

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use my Garmin. Upload the details to Strava and Endomondo. Garmin Connect is detailed enough, but not many people use it so you cannot use it to gauge yourself against your peers.

• 3 weeks later...

Love Strava. You can use it to keep track of lifetime of your individual components. I know how many kms are on my chain, cassette, etc

Kind of Like Strava for a couple of reasons, main reason for using it is because its a nicer interface than Garmin connect, and I can track mileage on my bikes (how-ever some improvements on the component section will be nice).

Use strava to occasionally feel good about a ride if I do a PB. In my case KOM is a rumor unless it is on an obscure road in the suburb and even then it is just for 2015 [emoji23][emoji23]

Guest notmyname

Use it. Love it. I am competitive as hell and use it to target myself for rides and to compare improvements. Sometimes you feel like you did better but strava clearly demonstrates if you did or not. Don't really care how everyone else is doing, just like to keep beating myself

You and me both man. Love to beat myself up for sucking on segments. Also use it to measure life of components.

What I like about Strava is that I usually ride alone,so it helps me keep up to date with what others in my area are doing and what I need to do to 'keep up' with them.

i use endomondo. I do not care about koms and records. I only use it as a log.

what he said.. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I've just lost two proper KOM's in two days,...stuff cycling,...where to find the best Chess Hub now ????....NOT!!!

Love using Strava on my training rides, aside from the actual ride experience/feel, it's the only way I can track my progress, and so far so good, as I can clearly see the difference week in week out. Love it! Also helps that it will pause recording when you stop for a breather etc. so jus chuck my cellphone in the backpack and I'm good to go!

I've just lost two proper KOM's in two days,...stuff cycling,...where to find the best Chess Hub now ....NOT!!!

Hate it when people steal my KOM's when I'm not around...

The best feeling is when you already have the QOM for a segment and then better it over and over again.

Everybody needs that one KOM on that one segment in their street that nobody else uses.

Everybody needs that one KOM on that one segment in their street that nobody else uses.

Setup a single track in your back yard ;)

Archived