I can't rightly pick a top 3 but it's going to be a show down between: 

- Sagan (1st race and Oleg will be on his back)

- GVA (want's revenge from last weekend and looked very strong on attack)

- VanMarcke (even more revenge, tore the field apart, in super form)

- Sparticus (not sure if it's too early for him to be putting in a winning dig but it's sparticus... who knows)

- Valverde (because he's been very busy early season)

- Stybar (looks very good, strong and under the radar, less 'issues' than Terpstra)

To be honest I'd go with Sagan or Stybar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re. Sky: Peter Kennaugh is on the start list. The guy's been turning himself inside out for others up to now, but there are big plans for him at Sky. He did big work for Froome at the Ruta del Sol last month and still took 6th overall in the end. Let's see if the team decides to pay him back for his efforts and give him the freedom to have a bit of a go this Saturday.

Re. Tinkoff: We'll soon see if Sagan done the work this winter. But I won't be surprised if Riis plays Kreuziger as a joker card and sends him up the road for a sneak win while everyone is marking Sagan.

Re. Etixx-Quickstep: I've got a little suspicion they'll work for Stybar this time. He's got the CX background. But then again they've got so many options, it comes down to who thinks he has the legs on the day. 

Re. Orica-Greenedge: a big welcome back to Simon Gerrans! Let's see how he goes first time back. 

Re. Katusha: I hope to see a dig from young Bystrom this time. He was in the front group at Omloop until the last 40km; hope we see more of him again.

Re. Movistar: Valverde will podium. He always sneaks in there somehow. 

Re. Trek: Spartacus will podium, but he'll have the whole world and his dog marking his back wheel the whole way.

Re. LottoNL - Jumbo: Sep Vanmarcke is still my favourite for the win. But interesting to see Gesink in the team as well - not much of a climbers race.

post-22004-0-38740100-1425562402_thumb.jpg

The profile of the last 20km. Note the steep climb to the finish with a 16% max. pitch.

post-22004-0-80883300-1425562868_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-25615100-1425562879_thumb.jpg

Weather report looks good for a dust storm on race day.

Come to think of it, folks aren't giving enough respect to Gilbert. That finish could be tailormade for him.

post-22004-0-60495600-1425563124_thumb.png

My Strade Bianche prediction:

• 1. Terpstra
  • 2.  Sagan
  • 3.  Spartacus

Is Kee-yah-kof-ski defending?

He's def a favourite

Valverde and Sagan and to fill out the rest of the podium

Gilbert will come close too

He's def a favourite

Nope he's not defending for some reason. (Prob the rainbow jearsy blues)

He's def a favourite

Valverde and Sagan and to fill out the rest of the podium

Gilbert will come close too

Nope, didn't get an invite.

That's bizarre that the World Champ won't be defending

Wonder whether he's aiming for any of the Classics?

That's bizarre that the World Champ won't be defending

Wonder whether he's aiming for any of the Classics?

Etixx has so many ''Options" its crazy! (Except a decent GC contender ; Uran doesn't count)

Late withdrawals for Strade Bianche:

GVA

Peter Kennaugh

Sven Erik Bystrom

Really? 

GVA is surprise maybe it's the doping defence he has to mount. Wonder who sky willthrow in instead of PK. 

So keen for this race, it's quickly become one of the best and easily on par with alot of the cobbled classics. 

Also this year they are running the first ladies version as well. I'm tipping Lizzie A for the win. 

Archived