Tour de PPA 2015

Sebastian77

Bit disappointed with the marshalling. E bunch never had a marshal on the road... This led to some very dodgy situations on the R44 towards silos with the bunch spread across both lanes with upcoming traffic.

Wonder why some cyclist think they are invisible when it's a race? Not only are you going to kill yourself but you putting the lifes of your fellow riders in danger as well!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe how many people deliberately throw gu sachets out. I noticed it a few weeks ago at a PPA race. I emailed PPA asking what their policy is on littering, I have never had a reply.

It should be like IronMan - littering =DQ. Hell even the pros now have designated zones where they can drop litter.

Agreed 100%

Bit disappointed with the marshalling. E bunch never had a marshal on the road... This led to some very dodgy situations on the R44 towards silos with the bunch spread across both lanes with upcoming traffic.

Wonder why some cyclist think they are invisible when it's a race? Not only are you going to kill yourself but you putting the lifes of your fellow riders in danger as well!

Marshalling on the short route was superb. I think the marshalls have given up on you racing snakes, you guys never listen to them neway. :ph34r:

Marshalling on the short route was superb. I think the marshalls have given up on you racing snakes, you guys never listen to them neway. :ph34r:

Where we rode on the long route, the marshalling was also superb.

There was even ice for your drink at the finish line! Yes, ICE! Man, that was welcome, sipping on an ice cold bottle riding back along the neutral zone to the start.

Where we rode on the long route, the marshalling was also superb.

There was even ice for your drink at the finish line! Yes, ICE! Man, that was welcome, sipping on an ice cold bottle riding back along the neutral zone to the start.

I cannot complain about anything honestly, at the waterpoints they filled my bottels with ice and powerade without me even asking. 

I cannot complain about anything honestly, at the waterpoints they filled my bottels with ice and powerade without me even asking. 

Faaaark, you mean to tell me there was ice at the other water points also? :eek: I never stop unless I run out, and 2 bottles normally last me up to 4 hours, but if I knew I would have added some ice along the way!

had a crash in the D group after a B group rider cut his line and hit his brakes in front of me. Hit the deck really hard, managed to get up fix my chain and catch the bunch again. Just want to say thank you to the 1 rider who helped me reel the bunch back in he was motivating like crazy the closer we got even if he didn't get to the bunch himself. Supercool rider that guy :clap:  

B never got a bike marshal either :/

Started in B, punctured on Contermankloof Road. Inflated with Pitstop. Jumped onto the back C bunch.Went up Vissers and the same wheel deflated, bombed it up and rode up to the top and it flatted again. Race over

I felt for you buddy.

Geez, do these people have a death wish????

Geez, do these people have a death wish????

We were told about 10 times before the start not to cross the centre line, or we will be disqualified. Guess the same rules dont apply to everyone.

We were told about 10 times before the start not to cross the centre line, or we will be disqualified. Guess the same rules dont apply to everyone.

Didn't experience it yesterday, but have seen first hand how annoyed motorists get on the R44 when there is cycle races going on there, hooting, screaming, trucks passing too closely, not even mentioning the aggro posts on facebook from non-cycling friends living in the area.

You are risking your life if you are ignoring the rules there.

Interesting to hear about the lack of marshaling. I thought it was very good. I was in D and we caught C so we had two marshals with us to the end.

I can't believe how many people deliberately throw gu sachets out. I noticed it a few weeks ago at a PPA race. I emailed PPA asking what their policy is on littering, I have never had a reply.

It should be like IronMan - littering =DQ. Hell even the pros now have designated zones where they can drop litter.

I saw someone deliberately throw his Gu sachet into the bushes, at the last Paarl race - I also wrote to the PPA about it and got no reply.

The area where the 72km and 112km join is a very risky area - wish they could start the 72km earlier so that the longer distances dont meet up with them at that location. Or make them do the route in reverse...

I was coming from the 112km route and as i turned onto the Malmusbury rd a cyclist from the 72km was also turning in but instead of keeping left he cut in front of me to get to the right hand side of the road to go and speak to the marshall!!

Sometimes cyclists are just dumb, no wonder we get hit by cars - cause we do stupid things.

Other than this my ride was event free. Marshalling was good. Had a marshall on a scooter riding in front of our group.

Archived