Cape Town Cycle Tour (CTCT) - Start groups

HeadDown

Is it better to ride VA or 1A?

1a, Va applies race tactics where as 1a will ride a constant pace through out. You will however achieve a Sub3 from both groups assuming you stick with to the end. From previous years A (1A) were most times faster than Va.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1a, Va applies race tactics where as 1a will ride a constant pace through out. You will however achieve a Sub3 from both groups assuming you stick with to the end. From previous years A (1A) were most times faster than Va.

I believe they start together.  This page

http://www.cycletour.co.za/information/seeding-events/ (the right hand tab)

lists the start time as 6:23:00 for both groups.

They starting together. Same as last year. 1A will basically be elites and Vets that didn't make the seeding cut. Even if they where separate the racing in 1A would still be tough, if not tougher as you have elite and vet ages applying different tactics in 1 group.

They starting together. Same as last year. 1A will basically be elites and Vets that didn't make the seeding cut. Even if they where separate the racing in 1A would still be tough, if not tougher as you have elite and vet ages applying different tactics in 1 group.

that is really stupid, what was the whole point in creating separate groups if you are going to let them start together anyways

that is really stupid, what was the whole point in creating separate groups if you are going to let them start together anyways

Riders in these categories are at similar levels due to their seeding. It helps in the bunch to know who you are racing against in your individual category as you wont only be racing for overall positions but also your category positions.

OK, I just did a FIRST i.t.o. seeding and starting times. I managed to get myself a LATER staring time to officially start in the PPA Safe Cycling group at 07h01 with the rest of team DJR. So, it's official, for 2015, we'll be starting together as a team again. Grandpa DJR (76) says he'll hang with us until the bottom of Edinburgh Drive. Here I'll have to decide whether to help senior or the juniors. The youngest (14) plans to drop his brother (16) on Smitswinkels. If Senior seems strong, I'll hang with the two junior DJRs until the split, then I'll help pull whoever takes the lead. Or should I help the one that gets dropped? Reckon I'll help the younger one, even though he seems the stronger one a.t.m. How does that sound as a team strategy. I'll worry about a personal best in 2016.

OK, I just did a FIRST i.t.o. seeding and starting times. I managed to get myself a LATER staring time to officially start in the PPA Safe Cycling group at 07h01 with the rest of team DJR. So, it's official, for 2015, we'll be starting together as a team again. Grandpa DJR (76) says he'll hang with us until the bottom of Edinburgh Drive. Here I'll have to decide whether to help senior or the juniors. The youngest (14) plans to drop his brother (16) on Smitswinkels. If Senior seems strong, I'll hang with the two junior DJRs until the split, then I'll help pull whoever takes the lead. Or should I help the one that gets dropped? Reckon I'll help the younger one, even though he seems the stronger one a.t.m. How does that sound as a team strategy. I'll worry about a personal best in 2016.

I'll go for a 4 man finish, when will that opportunity come around again, unless of course you've already done a 4 man finish before?

It's a pleasure. Your boys told a good story in their application. 

And I kid you not hubbers, they are Dawid, Dawid, David and poor Daniel. He must feel the odd one out most days so maybe you should stick with him.

Riders in these categories are at similar levels due to their seeding. It helps in the bunch to know who you are racing against in your individual category as you wont only be racing for overall positions but also your category positions.

so rider A - VA seeded, rider B - 1a seeded, both are the same age & start together in one batch. Rider B not only wins the 1a group but overall as well. Rider A finishes 1st in his "VA catergory" but 10mins after rider B, but Rider A gets official bragging rights just because he was seeded higher, or am I missing something here? I speak under correction but I don't recall there being a prize for 1st in your group?

Archived