Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Guys, sorry if it has been spoken about before but i did search and came up empty. How does one set the watch up to that while in activity the backlight stays on but during normal watch mode its off?

• 1 month later...

Any cool apps worth installing? I do Yoga and just body weight exercises. Are there ways to "track" these?

Any cool apps worth installing? I do Yoga and just body weight exercises. Are there ways to "track" these?

Hi Pieter

Haummmm not sure about the yoga part but I use WorkItOut which is  configurable for HIIT type body weight workouts. 

Managed to get a scratch on the bezel of my F3 Sapphire today, im sad about it.

Any ideas how to remove scratches or at least make them show less? Maybe a polish?

Any ideas how to remove scratches or at least make them show less? Maybe a polish?

...if its the black bezel...some reports of guys that have papered the coating off down to raw finish...extreme IMO....if its the raw bezel....polishing but a huge mission as bezel needs to be removed...means removing mounting screws and thus affecting waterproofing....note that the bezel is not a separate piece and is integrated into watch guts...live with it, it will "disappear" ....unless your OCD is in the red zone....

...if its the black bezel...some reports of guys that have papered the coating off down to raw finish...extreme IMO....if its the raw bezel....polishing but a huge mission as bezel needs to be removed...means removing mounting screws and thus affecting waterproofing....note that the bezel is not a separate piece and is integrated into watch guts...live with it, it will "disappear" ....unless your OCD is in the red zone....

Ive read the sand papering it down to the metal but dont want to do that or remove it. Oh well, adds character

Ive read the sand papering it down to the metal but dont want to do that or remove it. Oh well, adds character

Looking at mine it seems like the top "ring"could be easily removable and could then be sent in for anodizing, repaint, etc. The wording is recessed so will still show.

Not sure about whether this will affect the waterproofing though.

Looking at mine it seems like the top "ring"could be easily removable and could then be sent in for anodizing, repaint, etc. The wording is recessed so will still show.

Not sure about whether this will affect the waterproofing though.

Same here but I think the glass screen is attached to this "ring"

The scratch soon dulls and you wont even notice it.  Have had mine on my wrist for over a year 24/7.  If I look closely there are plenty of scratches on the bevel.  

I'm rather bad with things like these (OOOOsoooCD) but mine has a fair amount of small scratches on it and to me it's a 'working' watch. A tool that I wear 24/7 and do training outdoors in mud rain dust and all sorts so yes...character that's all it is.

Same here but I think the glass screen is attached to this "ring"

You may be right but my money is on a loose glass with a o-ring seal of sorts. They would be able to make it water-proof otherwise.

All else fails, tape it up when painting but like everyone says just use it.

My biggest fear is grinding it along the ground if I was to come off my bike........

Was actually looking at a carbiner mount for it for when I cycle, run or hike but then you would need to be constantly removing and re-attaching the straps.........