Cycle lab voucher – useless?

Runbikeswim

Got a nice cycle lab voucher as gift from my brother in law….

Problem is none of the cycle labs want to cash it, I can only use it at the main one in fourways?

Is that normal?

The word "voucher" and the question mark in your heading are redundant ........

well Lynwood cyclelab has changed name to the "Bicycle Company" or something like that.. not sure what the story is.. maybe something going on...?

Hi RoboJedi.

I think all the cyclelabs now operate individually. Probably started after the CT store closed....then SW....then DBV. Probably trying to 'protect' the other stores from carrying the cost - totally unfair to the customer though! Not good for the brand. 

I have a similar problem at the moment - bought my wife a MTB bike last year from the Durbanville store and the deal included a couple of free services. The store has subsequently closed so probably worthless.

Best you redeem your voucher at that store, quickly......

The word "voucher" and the question mark in your heading are redundant ........

You are so right. Went to the so-called Mega Store yesterday and could not find one of the four items I was looking for. The Team members "sales staff" are of no assistance as they know absolutely nothing about cycling

You are so right. Went to the so-called Mega Store yesterday and could not find one of the four items I was looking for. The Team members "sales staff" are of no assistance as they know absolutely nothing about cycling

Andrew is usually on the floor, rumour has it he knows a bit about cycling. Speak to him next time.

Yup sounds about right. I've been there once or twice when they had nothing I was looking for. First time was for a 29" tyre wider than 2.2 nothing around. Second time I went looking for a new handlebar....4 in stock. The staff try and be helpfull but all in all I avoid it like the plague now.

Are you by any chance going to the old CycleLab stores - in PTA if I recall?

It does sound strange to be honest - if there is no disclaimer on the voucher stating that it can only be redeemed in Fourways, then I reckon you tell them to get lost!

Andrew is usually on the floor, rumour has it he knows a bit about cycling. Speak to him next time.

Actually did ask for him - was told he will only be back next week

If there's issues with the shop/brand and fourways will allow the voucher to be used then best get there asap and use it because if things really go pear shaped that voucher will have more utility as toilet paper than anything else.

What's happened to cyclelab, tried expanding a little to aggressively?

Perhaps you should ask them a few golfing related questions. Probably know more about that.

Perhaps you should ask them a few golfing related questions. Probably know more about that.

Sad but true.....

It's sad for the people working at those shops but I can understand.

I got more advice from my pet shop when buying R10 fish than I did from them when buying 2k pair of shoes. The staff just did know anything about the product. The manager / supervisor / owner seemed even less interested.

Would rather support my LBS. A little more pricey on certain items but at least they know what they doing.

My rant for the day.

Archived