Attakwas 16 Jan 2016 - 10th edition of SA's premier and toughest 1-day race

nathrix

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st year 2016, want to, have to, will do it next year :)

aaah you'll love it & eventually earn the right to be called a MTB'er, heehee just kidding :-) ????

aaah you'll love it & eventually earn the right to be called a MTB'er, heehee just kidding :-) ????

Now to find a MTB bike and do my first dirt ride on Spesbona ;)

Now to find a MTB bike and do my first dirt ride on Spesbona ;)

make sure you convert to tubeless first ????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

My dad is taunting me. He's offered to pay to see me suffer.

Guest notmyname

Any jhb guys or gals planning on doing this event. I'm keen but I need a training partner.

I'm in for 2016! Going to be a tough December holiday.

I'm going camping for 4 weeks in Dec. Entertaining a 3year old and possibly another on the way (irate mommy to be). Multi tasking I would call that.....

I'm going camping for 4 weeks in Dec. Entertaining a 3year old and possibly another on the way (irate mommy to be). Multi tasking I would call that.....

If you are allowed to go cycling for hours on end while camping with your wife, a 3 year old and a newborn (and they are still there when you get back) - you succeeded in this marriage & life thing where most have failed...

If you are allowed to go cycling for hours on end while camping with your wife, a 3 year old and a newborn (and they are still there when you get back) - you succeeded in this marriage & life thing where most have failed...

No that's not it, he bought his wife a very neat, well looked after, good looking caravan from a very friendly, honest man. [emoji6]

Guest notmyname

Okay, the decision has been made. I'm doing my first Atta in January 2016. This is the biggest campaign I've taken on and I'm super excited.

As I understand it training should consist mainly of hills and TITS with a shortish intervals session once a week for building extra strength. As for the looooong training rides in jhb. Where do you make up the elevation? Breedts and little Breedts only gives 1400m max.

No that's not it, he bought his wife a very neat, well looked after, good looking caravan from a very friendly, honest man. [emoji6]

Well, firstly, i just train 1.5 hours every day and one 4hour ride with two rest days every week. That 1.5 hours are hectic, lippe teen die klippe. I go out at 5 every day, so im back before they even wake up.The second one, if there is gonna be one, will still be in mommy's tummy. But yes, when i get back i relieve mommy from her duties till almost lunch, so then she dont get too mad when i talk cycling stuff like Atta or Epic......

O, IF im gonna do Atta, need to better my time of 6:34

O, the caravan, we loved every day camping with her. Going away for easter again. The question will be, will this honest man let my shower at his hous next year? ????

Well, firstly, i just train 1.5 hours every day and one 4hour ride with two rest days every week. That 1.5 hours are hectic, lippe teen die klippe. I go out at 5 every day, so im back before they even wake up.The second one, if there is gonna be one, will still be in mommy's tummy. But yes, when i get back i relieve mommy from her duties till almost lunch, so then she dont get too mad when i talk cycling stuff like Atta or Epic......

O, IF im gonna do Atta, need to better my time of 6:34

O, the caravan, we loved every day camping with her. Going away for easter again. The question will be, will this honest man let my shower at his hous next year?

My wife became far less forgiving on cycling while camping when the second one arrived  ^_^  Gonna skip the December camping this year to train for the Attawkas  :ph34r:

Archived