What is the PPA Doing

Nictex

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe now that we are only doing 47km and the resources needed to run the CTCT on the day is halved they can donate some of our entry fees to the cause.

Good grief. I have seen smarter more informative and useful threads on body building forums.

Hey, no need to get this offensive......

So maybe now that we are only doing 47km and the resources needed to run the CTCT on the day is halved they can donate some of our entry fees to the cause.

Are you trolling or really just not in touch with reality at all? How did you conclude that the resources would be halved? If anything I'd expect costs to increase due to the crapload of unplanned last minute arrangements that need to be made...

It now costs more, not less, there is a lot more admin and stuff for them to do. So they should be asking us for donations, I already have paid my additional donation to them of R400 for a second lap which probably is going to be banned.

Please can you also now donate R400 to them, as I have led the way and made my donation already!

As I understand it CTCT and PPA share the profit of the Cycle Tour. Last year PPA received an income of excess of R4mio from the CTCT.. PPA then kindly put R5mio into a trust fund that has now grown to R20mio. I think it is a valid question to ask if PPA cannot donate half of the profits they get from the CTCT to the fire efforts. As a PPA member I would rather see that happen than a trust fund growing by another R5mio this year.

Go to their AGM, become known, put up your hand and make yourself available for the time commitments required to be on the Board. Then propose and see these changes you're hoping for through!

The prospect of riding half the distance also makes some people half as clever it seems... :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Go to their AGM, become known, put up your hand and make yourself available for the time commitments required to be on the Board. Then propose and see these changes you're hoping forally ma= through!

Its much easier to complain on the hub! lol. Too much hard work to actually make a difference 

I'm actually lost for words....

post-14677-0-08435500-1425535343_thumb.gif

I  suspect running this CTCT is going to be no cheaper than the full 109, perhaps even more expensive as they are going to pay a premium for last minute services. But, and maybe they will get to it, they will not need as many water tables and the riders will not use as much drinks etc, I hope that all the excess can be given to people that need the powerades, waters, bananas etc etc. Time will tell. Those firefighters still have a long week or two ahead of them, never mind the next month of fire season. I am sure they are always in need of drinks etc.

my 2c

I  suspect running this CTCT is going to be no cheaper than the full 109, perhaps even more expensive as they are going to pay a premium for last minute services. But, and maybe they will get to it, they will not need as many water tables and the riders will not use as much drinks etc, I hope that all the excess can be given to people that need the powerades, waters, bananas etc etc. Time will tell. Those firefighters still have a long week or two ahead of them, never mind the next month of fire season. I am sure they are always in need of drinks etc.

my 2c

TBH Ryan, it's probably all bought on consignment. Which means they only pay for what is used. WHich also means that they may not run out as early as they normally do, and hte backmarkers (and there will be many of them) will have stuff to munch on and drink should they need to. Afterwards, coca cola etc just collect all the unused cans / bottles etc and charge / sponsor accordingly./ 

I wonder if the City of Cape Town made a donation before making this request......how dare they if they have not? R10 from every dog and cat licence collected this year seems fair.

Well at least we know the Mayor donated R1k out of her own pocket. And remember their budget is also blown with this little exersize so they are having to find funds to pay for additional fuel, manpower, chopper, pilot expenses etc.

I see KFM / Cape Talk raised over 3 million yesterday for cause by asking people for donations.

I totally forgot to ask what they were doing. 

Good grief. I have seen smarter more informative and useful threads on body building forums.

Was that on the 7th or 8th day of the week?

It now costs more, not less, there is a lot more admin and stuff for them to do. So they should be asking us for donations, I already have paid my additional donation to them of R400 for a second lap which probably is going to be banned.

Please can you also now donate R400 to them, as I have led the way and made my donation already!

I also Paid the R400 to do a second lap..

Archived