Newbie here. Momsen bikes any good?

hydrobum

Why not have a look at Specialized Crave or Rockhopper? Great bikes and more than sufficient for the riding you'll be doing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giant Anthem, and you'll get full XT. Same shocks as the VIPA, unless 2015 units differ. There are still some 2014 giant anthem advanceds floating around. Love mine. Sis in law just got the VIPA. and so far so goood

Very tempting to jump on a used classified bike as most of them on sale are sweet bikes!

You've given yourself the best advice right there. There are some great deals in the classifieds. My last two bikes have been bought right here on the hub.

Just remember that you probably won't get any warranty with 2nd hand. Most bike warranties are for first owner only.

Yes, risk of being an expensive clothes hanger just like my expensive golf clubs. At least biking will only take 1-2 hours compared to golf 4-6 hours. I wouldn't consider something +R50k as that now would be squandering so the Vipa AC is within my budget.

So back to the question: is price justified for a non-carbon bike that retails for R36k? With some haggling, can knock this down a few k's.

Until you start your 4-6 hour rides on the weekend! Warning.... This sport is 100x more addictive than golf.

Get the vipa. It's awesome.

Archived