Fastest CTCT Mtb time?

Nickster

1:50 from 4G.

Still regret having put on slicks for a paltry 47kms - but hey, back to proper riding this weekend (if I can find anywhere that is still unravished by fire...). 

Anybody know what the latest status of trails around Grabouw is?  Recall there having been some fires out that way last week...

Bottelary Hills is still unscathed, and so is "our" TGMTB trails.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2:07 on Maxxis Crossmarks front and back. I woke up that morning with a severe case of diarreah, but thought what the heck, it's my first and they shortened it. It could not possibly get easier. I reckon a sub two might have been possible if I pushed harder, but then I thought of everyone behind me...you know...if I pushed harder! :blush: :oops:

so so sad mtbikers riding tar!!

Ja, but I rode on tar with some Meerendal dust still caking the drivetrain and tyres...

Ja, but I rode on tar with some Meerendal dust still caking the drivetrain and tyres...

And i presume you had super white cycling clothes on with your socks pulled half way to your knees?   :-)

Was thinking the 47 was going to go quick, so cycled in from Bellville, klapped a quick 1:15,then went out into Houtbaai, back into Camps for a vida but was jam packed so off home I went. Managed a 154km for the day. Good training for 36one.

1hr 50 from 8B on slicks. Wind was a killer.

that for me is my best time for 47km on road.. progress...

And i presume you had super white cycling clothes on with your socks pulled half way to your knees?   :-)

Nope, proudly flapping in the wind in my Indola baggies and First Ascent Trail Jersey. As for the socks, they were of the secret kind...And the Meerendal Dust was only a day old btw.

OP, can we add an automatic 10 minute time penalty for anyone who went "soft slick"?... :whistling:

[edit] = The MTB race only happened under the constant sound of swarming bees coming from the tires. The rest were roadies for the day...I even felt like a roadie when some dude on a fattie came flying up Hospital Bend past me on the way to the finish. Sheeeez, that thing was fast..

What's funny is that some of the mtb times are faster than full on roadie times. Whats up with that...... :ph34r:  :whistling:  

2:07 - Continental X-king 2.4's - I was the guy smelling like a shebeen -

I was in the same boat, for some reason argus saturday often ends up being bachelor party saturday. the pitstop for boerie rolls and bacon was the best

What's funny is that some of the mtb times are faster than full on roadie times. Whats up with that...... :ph34r: :whistling:

coz we can and we have less issues...

Guest Karma

So many ysters in this thread. So moeg of hearing every guy is a "machine"...

So many ysters in this thread. So moeg of hearing every guy is a "machine"...

I googled "machine picture" and this popped up

http://www.bicycling.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2009_Canberra.jpg

Archived