Tokai and Silvermine to remain closed to the public

News bot

how about - for the moment - ping me at mylesmayhew2409@gmail.com and give me your mail addresses so that I can collate them. Distribute this mail address to your mates and get them to send me a mail, or add their addresses to your mail so that when the newsletters DO start coming out (shortly) I at least have a group of contacts to send it to.

Feel free to send it to as many people as you need to.  

Thanks will do

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there's this (thanks D) but I also want to get a proper mailing list / newsletter out every now and then. Some people just aren't on these platforms, and we know how social media works - FB timelines are based on your previous interaction with that group, so if it's far down the list, you never see it  :cursing:

C'mon, are you not on the newsletter database?? 

I was thinking blog too but there has to be someone running all these platforms.

C'mon, are you not on the newsletter database?? 

I was thinking blog too but there has to be someone running all these platforms.

I put my hand up...

EDIT: I mean, I'll do it. I have the time. 

Edited by El Capitan

Hidden, it was!

Thanks for fixing. 

BTW - still feel like a bit of a douche for saying there needs to be one, when there is...

Well, more of a douche than I normally am. 

Sh!aat, no guy, our mistake!! Thanks for spotting!

@AMA_TokaiMTB

facebook/TokaiMTB

TokaiMTB.co.za

Obviously since the fire we are crawling around gathering our senses again.. think we've all taken a bit of a knock - so news for now is a bit sparse but the plans presented at the AGM is still on track, being that most of the work in the immediate future will be done at the table now that trails are closed.

Deon, how often were the newsletters sent out before the fire?

I received 2 in Feb (13th & 20th) but before that the last was in September.

No news is good news?  :w00t:

I also got a few, then a gap, then a few again....

I also got a few, then a gap, then a few again....

I took that as a sign there was nothing new had happened.

Hidden, it was!

Thanks for fixing. 

BTW - still feel like a bit of a douche for saying there needs to be one, when there is...

Well, more of a douche than I normally am. 

Ok - have signed up for the newsletter - so no need to ping

Probably not, not such a big Fransman fan, neither Tony E - I wont be betting on them organising themselves soon, unless you have inside info. They are irrelevant imo.

But then I am not such a fan of Sanparks either as you can see.

What I will say is that it is a matter of time before the majority of the facilities previously enjoyed by all Capetonians and others become priced out of range as the golden guineafowl is expected to keep producing for Pretoria.

Already it is impossible for the majority of citizens to think of visiting Cape Point, Tokai picnic area, Hottentots Huisie, Boulders etc. That position wont go unnoticed and I agree with it.

I think if you read all 118 pages of the proposed management plan for TMNP, which is currently out for comment, then you wont find a single reference to mountain bikes, so I wouldn't be placing too much hope on Sanparks plans for mtb in the near future. If it happens, it will happen in spite of them.

http://www.houtbayheritage.org.za/tmnp-draft-mgmt-plan%202015.pdf

I think Tubed has made some very valid points here and in some of his other posts - and I feel he has got a very good grip on the behind the scenes thinking of sanparks.  It might actually be good if the tokai mtb committee can read through all the history between the public and the powers that be - they might not be that hopeful of what actually happens in the future and realise that a different tack might be needed.

In the past what was negotiated locally meant squat when the decision makers pulled their weight from up north - and tubes' point about the revenue stream has to be taken into consideration. 

It is also NB to note that some of the past folk involved where ex-foresters, botanists and generally people that love the area and it's richness.  I just feel that we don't need to cover all the same roads again and come up short.

The thing is - tokaimtb might have considered all this and read through all the history - we just just didn't know.  Would it be possible to mail the past newsletters to those who have subscribed only now.