[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #2 Grabouw

WesselvdWalt

Does anyone know if it is possible to change from the 70 km to the 40 km? Can it be done in the morning of the event at registration? And if so, do I need to do it before the start of the 70km?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if it is possible to change from the 70 km to the 40 km? Can it be done in the morning of the event at registration? And if so, do I need to do it before the start of the 70km?

Yes you can do that but you will be in the last batch for the 40.

We do allow distance changes for uncapped events.

The further statement is untrue.

We will recalculate your seeding, you won't start in the last batch.

All done at registration.

Thanks, so it wont be a problem if I register before the start of the 40km (after the 70km has already started) and do the 40 km instead?

We do allow distance changes for uncapped events.

The further statement is untrue.

We will recalculate your seeding, you won't start in the last batch.

All done at registration.

Sorry my bad.

Wessel, I read an earlier post from someone suggesting that late entries are available tomorrow morning - is this true?

I had a D start at the helderberg but with that race being so short it did my seeding very good so a B start for tomorrow.

Wessel, I read an earlier post from someone suggesting that late entries are available tomorrow morning - is this true?

post-41053-0-76308300-1435313633_thumb.jpg

From the event website.

@lerouc, i was under the impression Helderberg times weren't gonna be used cause of the signage shambles?

OK, I am in for the 40km.  Starting from F.  I will be the slow middle-aged bloke on a BMC 26er.

I must still go and get some gloves.  One of my gloves went for a walk and never returned.

My wife will do the 20km.  Would like to see how she will go.  She came 5th in the Gravel Travel 15km.

@lerouc, i was under the impression Helderberg times weren't gonna be used cause of the signage shambles?

As far as I can see on SA Seeding, Helderberg has not been included for seeding. Well it hasn't for me.

As far as I can see on SA Seeding, Helderberg has not been included for seeding. Well it hasn't for me.

I did the 40 in helderberg, which did count even though i did an odd 20km race...its my best seeding ever! But i promise you i will be the slowest in B by far...

I did the 40 in helderberg, which did count even though i did an odd 20km race...its my best seeding ever! But i promise you i will be the slowest in B by far...

Ah, that makes sense. The 40km results were "valid" because everyone did (roughly) the same distance. 

Forksakes, they placed me in A group for the 40.

Guess this means I get the chance to practise my 'moving over for faster traffic' skills.

Anyone able to report what's in the registration goodie bag? Haven't bought any energy gels, and don't want to head to shops if we're getting a few in our bags anyway...

Archived