[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #2 Grabouw

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda lost my sense of humour when my garmin was over 70km and all of a sudden we still get directed AWAY from the finish!

Great event though, leka tough!

Ageed, come 70k's all i wanted to do was cross the line and go cry in the corner

F*okkit, what a ride. I was completely in my tjops when we reached about 60km, so the extra 6km at the end wasn't fun. Huge sense of humour failure, and the extra couple 100 meters of climbing didnt help.

Well done to the race organisers though - the route was perfectly marked, and it was a great ride. Please just let us know in advance next time if the route gets changed from the official one. If you are bleeding through your eyes, anoter 6 km of bumpy singletrack is hell when you don't expect it.

I must confess; I did not enjoy that piece of single-track over the burnt down koppie.  By that time my back was killing me and I had mild hunger pangs, wishing that the end must now come please.

Also, interesting spot for the cameraman, just before the end with that bunch of sand and water.  I wonder if he captured some interesting moments there.  My son said that while waiting for me to come in he saw some riders go down there.  And that stream of water at the small waterfall was freezing.

In the 77km who got caught out by the deep puddle of water after trying to ride through it, must've been in the last 5-10km, luckily another rider was ahead of me so I saw the whole spieel & planned my navigation around it.

In the 77km who got caught out by the deep puddle of water after trying to ride through it, must've been in the last 5-10km, luckily another rider was ahead of me so I saw the whole spieel & planned my navigation around it.

haha i remember that 'puddle', a bloke in front of me went through it, i quickly made my decision to veer left and avoid after i noticed half his bike was submerged  :clap:

It was part of the 40km also.  I almost got caught.  Went for it not knowing about it at speed and almost got thrown over. That would not have been a nice swim. Some other riders behind me also saw that I almost went for a swim and tried other lines.

Guest notmyname

Looks to have been a great success.

That's how Joberg holds it down.

BOOM!

Rode the A2Z trail this morning. Picked up 6 gel wrappers, 2 gel tubes and some sweet packets in the 36km of the route that I rode. Not cool guys.

Thanks everyone in the Western Cape that made a donation or donated their medal money to Choc, you guys helped us raise R7000 with todays event, you all rock.

wow, what an awesome idea...do other rides allow you to do this ?

Wow, my first full MTB Marathon - epic experience. Route was well marked and the feeding stations well stocked. I was in a pretty dark place for the last 10km but stoked that I was able to finish with the majority of my sense of humour intact! Well done to Wessel and the team on a great event, maybe just a heads up on the additional climbing and distance next time :thumbup:

The route was very well marked and the first loop out over the big climb was perfect. However knowing how much awesome single track is in those forests at the end and how little of it we rode I was disappointed. The extra 7km would have been fine if on the nice flowing single track. But since it was on flooded roads and uninteresting short loops of forestry road I fail to see why they did not just take us to the finish after 70km.

Had an absolute ball there on Saturday. Rode almost an hour longer than expected, but was worth every penny!

It was a good character builder!

Great event and good challenge. Don't think the route was tough, but the icy conditions really hurt me in the beginning. My Garmin was showing -2degrees. Took a while to warm up the legs. As for the extra 7km: s**t happens but I wasn't exactly smiling, was just looking for that finish line.

Archived