Another Cape Epic buyout rumour?

Tienie

So rumor has it that Cape-Epic is sold to to the le Tour de France for 25mil Euro's.

Wonder if the format will change ? I bet it will get great TV coverage like tour le France.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you think this would affect Joe average in terms of numbers allowed and cost?

Joe Average was out of the picture a long time ago, considering the costs behind taking this race on without a sponsor.

I must admit - He has done a lot for the mtb sport and selling mtb's.

Wonder if Spez would have sold so many epic's if it was not for the Cape-Epic ?

I think this is only a rumour.  More factual rumour is that the Meerendal owner has bought a 30% share for 30 bar.  Queue Meerendal being a permanent feature of the Epic in future.

The other rumour is ASO was offered 100% for around 100 bar but considered it over priced.

Well if this is true 95% of us will now never be able to afford the entry fee ,if you thought it was pricy before wait till ASO get hold of it.

Who/what is ASO?

They are event organisers, probably one of the biggest in the world. They organise the Tour de France, Veulta and the Dakar rally to name a few.

Well if this is true 95% of us will now never be able to afford the entry fee ,if you thought it was pricy before wait till ASO get hold of it.

.........and that is why it is high time for a Magoebaskloof multi-day stage race.

A secret order of French noblemen who protect the Holy Grail of Cycling.

:D And like all secret French orders, their secret greeting is a middle finger held straight  up in the air and preferably under the nose of everyone who are not part of the secret French order (I'm from French ancestry, well, partly anyway, but I get my polite nature from my Scottish part, oh no, wait, maybe from my Dutch part, ....I'm not winning here, am I?)

Archived