Attempted mugging Fisantekraal

CVANC

I was cycling on the R312 (towards Paarl) around 9:35 this morning (22 March 2015). Just ahead of the Fisantekraal train bridge a man crossed the road and was now walking in the same direction I was cycling, as I passed him he pushed a stick into my back wheel. Fortunately I managed to stay upright and rode away to safety across the bridge, after being chased for a few meters he ran off into the bushes when he saw cars approaching.

Thank you to the bunch of riders that stopped and cycled with me to a safer spot on Klipheuwel Road where I could wait for someone to fetch me.

Myself and a few others stopped to assist and get you out of the hot spot.

Fisantekraal has a good reputation in terms of safety for those passing through.

There's always a bad apple or few in the village.

Glad you're okay, man.

Myself and a few others stopped to assist and get you out of the hot spot.

Fisantekraal has a good reputation in terms of safety for those passing through.

There's always a bad apple or few in the village.

Glad you're okay, man.

Thank you ' Dale, the assistance was much appreciated.

Glad you are OK, and that the 'Dale posse was around to assist you.

I had a youngster make a grab at my handlebars a few months back. It happened between the trees just before you start the drag out of Fisantekraal. Luckily I was quick enough to evade him. He ran away very fast when I slammed on brakes and turned around to confront him.

I think it was just a youngster being a youngster, and made nothing of it. I'm just a bit more cautious now if there is people next to the road.

edit=Spelling

Edited by Wannabe

I had a few kids through rocks at me in that area but never before a attempted mugging but its always in the back of my mind. Glad you made it out and got assistance.

Btw what type of bike? Mtn or Road?

Edited by JoeZipp