Epic Insider: Tough climbs, fast tracks and pure elation on the final stage

Matt

Waking up on Sunday morning I realised it was the final day of the 2015 Absa Cape Epic. For a brief moment emotions ran high. We were almost there, but not quite yet. You pull back the focus and press pause on any premature celebrations. With 91 km remaining on the final stage anything can happen. Even so the mood in the breakfast tent was noticeably lighter. Smiling faces and jovial conversation were a stark contrast to the subdued and shell shocked looks of the prior mornings.

Click here to view the article

Awesome achievement in my book to any one that finishes this grueling race. Well done guys.

And, are you one of those NEVER AGAIN cyclists only to have already entered, or are you NEVER EVER AGAIN no frikken way!!!off the bucket list 1st and last

Well done! Awesome achievement!

I loved these write ups of yours. Would love another one on the overall experience of the week, e.g. mood in the race village throughout the week, logistics. overall impressions, etc.

Well done! Awesome achievement!

I loved these write ups of yours. Would love another one on the overall experience of the week, e.g. mood in the race village throughout the week, logistics. overall impressions, etc.

Thanks, I can definitely put an overall summary type post together.

And, are you one of those NEVER AGAIN cyclists only to have already entered, or are you NEVER EVER AGAIN no frikken way!!!off the bucket list 1st and last

I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arises. My bank balance wouldn't support me already being entered for 2016 though. Knowing what it's about and how my body responded given the training put in I'd be keen to give it another go at some stage.