2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

But ur hakahana skills will have you chasing him again this year ????

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I will be the one with padding everywhere[emoji12] possibly also bubble wrap.

Speaking of hakahana.. what bike are you going to ride at the monster?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This race still scares the living daylights out of me. Have done 3 halfs. Would love to do the full, but extremely nervous about cramps on a tough ride like this. Did Van Gaalen marathon last year in 5:45, did Barberton marathon this year in 5:10 (cramping from 30km into the race and it's not fun). I believe this race is just a nodge harder than Van Gaalen marathon. Correct?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I will be the one with padding everywhere[emoji12] possibly also bubble wrap.

Speaking of hakahana.. what bike are you going to ride at the monster?

cannondale trigger 29r ( not a lefty) ???????? my new toy to do distance on.

You guys?

Hardtail is just fine for monster....

So what will be better for the half, Hardtail or Dual sus? Can't decide what to use. 

So what will be better for the half, Hardtail or Dual sus? Can't decide what to use.

for me dual always wins..

Thinking of doing the monster the saturday and the platinum trail run(24km) the sunday. Anyone keen on being my training partner? Not looking at times, just finishing both.

cannondale trigger 29r ( not a lefty) ???????? my new toy to do distance on.

You guys?

Niiice. Did you sell the Pyga?

We will he on our trusted Morewoods, I tried to convince hubby to do it on his singlespeed rigid for my amusement but he doesn't want to[emoji35] [emoji23]

This race still scares the living daylights out of me. Have done 3 halfs. Would love to do the full, but extremely nervous about cramps on a tough ride like this. Did Van Gaalen marathon last year in 5:45, did Barberton marathon this year in 5:10 (cramping from 30km into the race and it's not fun). I believe this race is just a nodge harder than Van Gaalen marathon. Correct?

have you every tried Magnesit...

Niiice. Did you sell the Pyga?

We will he on our trusted Morewoods, I tried to convince hubby to do it on his singlespeed rigid for my amusement but he doesn't want to[emoji35] [emoji23]

Cant say I blame him???? yea I did sell the Pyga ???? not the best decision I've ever made but heh. Also bought a 150 mm travel 26r ???? .

Must say those more woods you guys have are 2 of the cleanest best looking I've seen.

Need to put in the training now I've committed to the monster.

See you guys there????

Thinking of doing the monster the saturday and the platinum trail run(24km) the sunday. Anyone keen on being my training partner? Not looking at times, just finishing both.

I'd like to say I 'm in but doubt I'll be awake b4 Tuesday ????

Cant say I blame him???? yea I did sell the Pyga ???? not the best decision I've ever made but heh. Also bought a 150 mm travel 26r ???? .

Must say those more woods you guys have are 2 of the cleanest best looking I've seen.

Need to put in the training now I've committed to the monster.

See you guys there????

That was one nice looking Pyga.. we enjoyed staring at it.

Niiice.. aaah yes all these toys.. lekker man.

Yip yip here too.. plenty time in the saddle awaits.

All us hubbers should meet up for a beer after[emoji106] [emoji106] then I can have many eyes help to look for my kids[emoji85]

have you every tried Magnesit...

Not Magnesit, but magnesium supplements. Have you? And does it work for you?

Nope... VG marathon harder imo

Keep in mind though that its in similar areas so the technical aspects are similar. Just the monster has concrete strips, so that makes it easier than the "concrete climb" at VG

I have done all my MM's on a hardtail, might be the first year that the Anthem get's the nod instead of the XTC. Ride what you feel comfortable with.

The drive back to jhb was the worst, after 8h on the bike, mad cramps and two frosties. I would stay over next time.

i have tried all other mag supplements as well ,

and this one works the best for me, 

you get them in sachet form so i even mix them with my water on a race, 

Archived