Eric Barone 223.30 Km/h

BLACKvoodoo

To be a mountain bike, shouldn't it also be able to go up the hills.

It many sports, speed records have to be set in both directions.

Still very cool though.

Edited by davem

From Wikipedia: 
  1. Near the surface of the Earth, an object in free fall in a vacuum will accelerate at approximately 9.8 m/s², independent of its mass. With air resistance acting on an object that has been dropped, the object will eventually reach a terminal velocity, which is around 56 m/s (200 km/hor 120 mph) for a human body.

He did not pedal once. So without an external force applied other than gravity, he exceeded terminal velocity based on his aero suit. Pretty gnarly.

Edited by davem

Maybe a tailwind , considering I doubt they would have done it with a side or head wind. 

Thats my guess

Yip, they said in the vid that it was a tail wind

In my competitive sport I had to back up my records in the opposite direction within 15 Min in order to claim a standing 23 year old S. A. speed record. What is the ruling regarding this event and record?

this is called mountain speed record..... Gnarly, yes. but I'm more impressed with the human powered speed records...

Edited by r2d2c3po