X Fusion Vengeance HLR - Air

Beast Tech

I have to admit, I was sceptical on buying a fork that was not branded with Fox or RockShox. But after doing my homework and reading the reviews I decided what the hell, lets take the risk and a leap of faith....

It's a 170mm (36mm Stanchions) fork strapped to my Yeti SB66. So the idea was to buy a fork that could take a hit, or ten.

Image/Build Quality/Price

Stunning piece of equipment. Elegant and well put together. I could instantly see that X fusion means business. Slightly priced under their competition you are instantly sceptical on the build quality. All I can say is really don't worry, you are not getting a knock off product here. So far so good. Plus what was very interesting is that there is a lot of buzz around X fusion. I can honestly say every time I ride somebody stops me and asks me about it. 

Performance

It took some time getting it set right. At least the table on the fork actually is correct for ones, which is more than I can say or some other brands. Some playing around was required with the HL settings to find my sweet spot but I guess that comes with every fork. But once right only then I realized what I had actually bought.... It's a dream, so responsive and plush. When you point this thing downhill it is honestly at home. Wanting more and more, gobbling up anything you throw at it. From the techiest of rock gardens to dirt jumping it performed. I felt so confident in it (which is important to me). When going over that garden at a high speed you feel confident. As for Downhill it does the job...

But if you are looking to get some solid AM miles on this fork including some long accents you are in for a tough time. With no lock out and a very responsive design climbing is not easy. For me I don't mind as I just power through because it's all worth it at the top.

Support

Because it's a new product there is not much online about it. So when it came to setting it up I was in the dark and it required a lot of fiddling but when you get it right it is worth it. But as for local support the distributor is a great guy and will reply to you within the hour with a friendly and helpful response.

Overall

If you bored of the usual, looking for something a little different that can perform or maybe even outperform its competitors this could be for you. I suggest you consider it. For the price you get a good bang for your buck! Bombproof, highly responsive, and plush. What more do you need in a fork that is required to do anything  

• 2 weeks later...

http://cdn.blessthisstuff.com/imagens/stuff/raceface-mud-crutch-3.jpg

I've heard claims that a mudcrutch helps hold long travel forks down for climbing.

Which kind of makes some sense in theory?

Not sure if I believe that but I supose a DIY option is worth a try.

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb5804169/p5pb5804169.jpg

Thanks for the review btw. I was waiting for it.

I'm on the verge of selling my downhill and trail bike in favour of one bike in the

160-180mm range. Leaning towards a slow build from the ground up.

The vengeance seems right up my alley.

im seriously looking at changing my Fox Evo for a Xfusion Sweep RL2 ...anyone have or tried of of these ??? 

Phew on second thoughts after being quoted 8400 smackers from the agents i think i will rather buy a Pike or a revelation and save a bit

and the Vengeance on CRC is as per below, so still cheaper than a Pike! 

http://chainreactioncycles.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/bvstaging/static/5230-en_gb/translucent.pngWrite the first review
  • X Fusion Vengeance HLR Forks - 20mm 2013
  •  

NOWR6434.99

• 2 years later...

Anyone know where I can source this

FmNcjRIwz1hYnyqRMG-hJnLFo8tXFPs9gA.jpg

It is for a Xfusion sweep?

I cant seem to find the air spring online and absolutely no joy locally!!

Anyone know where I can source this

FmNcjRIwz1hYnyqRMG-hJnLFo8tXFPs9gA.jpg

It is for a Xfusion sweep?

I cant seem to find the air spring online and absolutely no joy locally!!

have you dropped X-Fusion international an email yet?

Archived