• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

a rather amusing interview  :D​ 

Lauf Forks ~ Innovation from the Frosty North

Very recently, as in like three days ago, I recapped the last portion of the journey Dirty and I made to Iceland last summer. During our last days in Reykjavik we did some riding with a few local followers. And they all rode these funky suspension forks. Like nothing I’d seen before. They’re from a company calledLauf Forks. Naturally we gawked, took pictures, and asked questions. We learned that the design is based on some of the engineering behind certain prosthetic limbs. I considered touching on the design in the recap of the trip, but decided that wouldn’t do it justice. So I caught up with the owner via email. His name is Benedikt Skúlason, and he was more than willing to answer some questions for me.

read the whole interview here : http://drunkcyclist.com/2015/06/10/lauf-forks/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally put the Lauf TR29 on my bike last week. It certainly is different, but you get used to the looks quite quickly.

The one thing that I have trained myself to stop doing is looking at the wheel while riding - it's all over the place, and you can quickly make yourself seasick staring at it. It looks like something is about to break with catastrophic consequences.

Otherwise, it rides nicely - completely soaking up road noise and knocking the edges of bigger bumps. The lack of rebound dampening does take a bit of getting used to, but the plus side is that it's very easy to preload the fork when wanting to hop over objects.

The front end feels light and super responsive, and I'm still getting used to the ease with which the bike steers (that's code for saying that my bike currently takes me for a ride, and I pretty much just try to hang on!). And my bike is now 600 grams lighter.

post-275-0-39423900-1438853178_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

on their website they have it as XXIX

painter didn't have spellcheck :)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0451/9985/t/8/assets/slide_1.jpg?15704522451932224067

ooooooh, that's a silly mistake. Probably flipped the decal.