Prince

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VB at 6:28.

Good luck on your first race back

We are starting at 5:30, damn I am sure its still dark at that time

Gonna be chilly down sterkies

Sorry to be an ass but somehow I have my worst seeding ever FL me and a mate, 7:30

At least I can rely on a few groups still coming pass to pick me up after dropping from CL ^_^

I got seeded AL

However I am thinking of dropping back a few groups due to recovering from injury :(

So I won't push to hard, just treating it as a good training ride!

So my question is which will be the most enjoyable group, with a comfortable pace of 27km/h?

Weather is becoming more and more favourable as the weekend nears

Morning Temps of low 20's and wind a lot more managable

post-46817-0-54404700-1443011450_thumb.png

post-46817-0-78372000-1443011484_thumb.jpg

I got seeded AL

However I am thinking of dropping back a few groups due to recovering from injury :(

So I won't push to hard, just treating it as a good training ride!

So my question is which will be the most enjoyable group, with a comfortable pace of 27km/h?

I reckon DL, you will be in first half and will go at about 27-30km/h. If i was you though i would go back to CL. If pace is too hot, sit up and wait for DL.

Did a solo 120km with 1340m accent (give it take a few) and I stuggled! 

Gonna suffer come Sunday. 

If you struggle it might be because your legs are tired after such a great feat. Well done.

Sunday you will be in a group so it will be a lot less taxing on your legs.

Good luck and post race report on Monday

? No number pick up today or on Sunday?

I phoned the race office today and apparently you can pick up your race number on Sunday morning from 5am at the venue  

I phoned the race office today and apparently you can pick up your race number on Sunday morning from 5am at the venue

Fantastic

Hmm IMHO that was a bit dangerous. We had close calls with cars and bikes on numerous occasions.

Otherwise a nice route. Easy till the left turn at 80km then WIND!!!!!!!

I had 1011M of climbing.

Hmm IMHO that was a bit dangerous. We had close calls with cars and bikes on numerous occasions.

Otherwise a nice route. Easy till the left turn at 80km then WIND!!!!!!!

I had 1011M of climbing.

Yes, the guys in the BMW's and Porches should be locked up. What a bunch of idiots. They could have very easily killed someone. And for what? Looking like a bunch of twats on a Sunday morning.

The start venue was a weird choice in my opinion. I've done MTB races where I ended up cleaner. But apart from that an awesome race. Managed to stick with the leading BL bunch until the 85km mark but then the wind destroyed me and I dropped back. Finished in around 3:12 so not too unhappy with that. But can definitely improve. Also manage to break a spoke but luckily that happened in the last km :)

Had a fun race being my first of the season so started in EL. No real groups so spent a fair amount of time solo riding jumping onto tiny bunches and 2 or 3 riders as they passed. Did pick up a nice group about 30kms from home and spent time pulling in the wind as we turned for home. The wind splintered the group and we were down to 6... unfortunately got guttered in the wind and lost touch with the group so solo tt for the last 11kms. Finished in 3.39 and felt strong, could have gone harder and disappointed lost the group so close to home. All in all a good race and training ride... even enjoyed the hill to finish :)

Have to agree the car parking and dirt road back to the cars was not lekker. Prefer this race route to the previous, much easier and better finish.

Archived