Merida or Trek

jonnow

I have decided to start cycling, and need some assistance on which road bike to purchase. I am looking at the Merida 901 or the Trek 1.2.

Which bike is better/more value for money?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey jonnow I just started cycling myself and bought a Schwinn Fastback Sport 2007 model and I am very happy with it- then again I'm no boff on bikesBig%20smile The guys here will tell you to test ride both the bikes- which is good advice! It comes down to a personal choice though! Best of luck!

What are the prices & components for each?

Trek and value for money dont usually go together well.

People only ride Treks because they've heard of someone riding the TdF with them. Be original get a Merida, Silverback or Schwinn.

haha....

I'm not sure on all the specs. I'm kinda new to this so i'm kinda winging my way through it all.

Merida - http://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/Bikes.Detail.44

Trek - http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/2008/road/1_series/12e/

The guy at the store told me that the Merida is better, but I've been in sales and sometimes someone's reason for selling something isn't your best interests.

JW

Echoing what Christie had to say' date=' I would suggest the Merida.[/quote'] BUT!!! If you take out the saddle post out of the Trek you may find vials of.........?

People only ride Treks because they've heard of someone riding the TdF with them. Be original get a Merida' date=' Silverback or Schwinn.

[/quote']

Its not about the bike!

Of those two, I'd definitely go for the Merida. You might also look at Silverback bikes - they're a local company, so they're usually cheaper for a similar component spec.

Otherwise, what size are you? If you're interested in going second hand, I have an XL, 18 month old Merida 904 that I'm 80% certain I'll be selling in the next week or so (depending on how my new-bike quest goes).

The general feeling that I seem to be getting is that the Merida is going to be the better bike to get.

Unfortunately I am a medium, but thanks for the offer.