Nissan Trialseeker Gauteng - Bundu Bash 30 May

Cas_1

Damn....that was a fast one!

I couldn't keep up in the first 30km, averaging only 26km/h, with what feels like everyone passing me!

Made up a few places with the climbs though and a couple on the tech sections, but I seriously need to find out how to increase my "flat" speed!

Any suggestions?

Sufferfest videos and the indoor trainer...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome race, though they did the seedings before my new fast Sani times appeared on SAS. 67km on my Garmin, only 669m climbing so a fast, flat race with some nice rocky technical bits. Did 3h30. Had a puncture about 10km in and had to plug it myself...first time! Felt super proud, girl power :clap: Annoying trying to catch the rest of D that had now passed me tho  :wacko:

People really shouldnt get so aggro when you ask to try pass them on the single track. 

Did a 3h45 from batch F. Personally I am very happy with my time. :clap: Think I had a good ride with the little training time I get. Only problem, I suffered a bit on the uphills after the 50km mark.

Can anyone enlighten me how I can improve my climbing using an indoor trainer. I do not have one of the new fancy indoor trainers.  :blush:  Only a makro special - Trojan 510. I have very limited time riding outdoors for training, so the majority of training is done indoor.

Any suggestions/guidance will be very much appreciated!!

Did a 3h45 from batch F. Personally I am very happy with my time. :clap: Think I had a good ride with the little training time I get. Only problem, I suffered a bit on the uphills after the 50km mark.

Can anyone enlighten me how I can improve my climbing using an indoor trainer. I do not have one the the new fancy indoor trainers. :blush: Only a makro special - Trojan 510. I have very limited time riding outdoors for training, so the majority of training is done indoor.

Warm up, the 2 mins as hard as you can on max resistance. 3 mins easy. Repeat. See if you can get to 10. I can't. Twice a week for 3 weeks.

Warm up, the 2 mins as hard as you can on max resistance. 3 mins easy. Repeat. See if you can get to 10. I can't. Twice a week for 3 weeks.

Thanks a lot SimpleDom!

I have started doing similar intervals for the last 2 weeks, although I could probably push a little more. I guess I'll just have to keep at it!  :)

Really good event, wow the dust!

Saw some big crashes hope everyone is good!

Bring on RD 2!

Man I loved that race.. Super fun trails, loved the rocks and challenge.. Managed a 2:52 from B batch, legs are toast now though..

I really enjoyed the 40k today. Except for the bottle-neck at that one downhill, everything else was just perfectly organise.. The family came with for the first time; the day was just perfect. I wish fast recovery for those that got injured. For everyone else, see you at the next Nissan event.

Damn....that was a fast one!

I couldn't keep up in the first 30km, averaging only 26km/h, with what feels like everyone passing me!

Made up a few places with the climbs though and a couple on the tech sections, but I seriously need to find out how to increase my "flat" speed!

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem; cannot stick with the bunch on these long flat gravel roads... They kill me!!! But on the tech sections I get stuck behind them. Not complaining!!! Just need to find a way to stick with the bunch on fast flat dirt roads.

Did a 3h45 from batch F. Personally I am very happy with my time. :clap: Think I had a good ride with the little training time I get. Only problem, I suffered a bit on the uphills after the 50km mark.

Can anyone enlighten me how I can improve my climbing using an indoor trainer. I do not have one of the new fancy indoor trainers. :blush: Only a makro special - Trojan 510. I have very limited time riding outdoors for training, so the majority of training is done indoor.

In also have the same IDT.

Warm-up 10 min

Program 12 - 20min (stand on the 16 resistance zones)

10 minute easy riding

Program 12 - 10min (again stand on the 16 resistance zones)

10 min cool down

Seam to work for me for the hills :-)

In also have the same IDT.

Warm-up 10 min

Program 12 - 20min (stand on the 16 resistance zones)

10 minute easy riding

Program 12 - 10min (again stand on the 16 resistance zones)

10 min cool down

Seam to work for me for the hills :-)

Thank you ACM!!

Will definitely give that a try as well.  :thumbup:

It was a good event as a whole, the only thing that ruined my day out was one of the marshal (after the pitstop outside the buffelsdrift cafe) points the incorrect direction to me using his flag...

Thank you ACM!!

Will definitely give that a try as well. :thumbup:

Set to max resistance where you can still do 70+ rpm

For me that's max reistance on this IDT.

Set to max resistance where you can still do 70+ rpm

For me that's max reistance on this IDT.

I was actually wondering if this IDT's resistance is sufficient for "proper" interval training. But for my current fitness levels I'm sure it is more than sufficient.

I was actually wondering if this IDT's resistance is sufficient for "proper" interval training. But for my current fitness levels I'm sure it is more than sufficient.

I found it good enough if cadence is about 75 - higher it doesn't have enough resistance. So not ideal IDT for strenght training, but for intervals still ok.

Archived