Omnico suspension service

Hi there

Anybody got any suggestions on dealing with Omnico. I cant get any response when I contact them. I send my shocks in for service and now the front fork squeak when riding. They were a 100% before and I paid almost R2000 for the service, certainly did not expect to have them send back like this. Seems like the advice of servicing shocks are counter productive cause they cause more issues than they solve.

Anybody know of somewhere else to have shocks serviced who actually know what they are doing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I had my Fox Fork and shock serviced at Knipe Racing by Louis Bresler Knipe, paid R700 for both! He knows his stuff and always does more than you'd expect! Operates from same building as Evobikes in Durbanville - his nr: 0824938597

Try mikes bikes or jason at the trailhead, they service in house and definately know what they are doing.

Who did / are you dealing with at Omnico? and by "Shocks" are you reffering to the front Fork or rear Shock?

If you sent your fork in through a bike shop they will have to contact Omnico to sort it out on your behalf. They should be able to find the problem and if it is something they did or did not do, sort it at no extra cost.  As to whether you should service a fork or not - don't be tempted not to service - especially a Fox.  Plenty threads on damaged stanchions and the cost involved.  If you don't come right with Omnico bring it to me.

I had my front fork and rear shock serviced by omnico a while back and they did a good job me thinks.

Also had my dropper post serviced by them and all came back working better than when it went in.

Bike shop sent the rear shock of my bike to Omnico for fixing.

(Proprietary shock of a certain bike company) 

The shock was still under warranty. (3 months after bike purchase).

Waited a month for the shock.

Shock came back not leaking oil out anymore, but rebound setting was not working and was making weird noises.

Mailed the guys at Stoke Suspension and they confirmed that they can service said proprietary shock. 

I took the shock there, quick inspection, told on the spot what was not done correctly,   collected the shock 5-hours later, no problems since.   

Thanks for all the advice guys. It was both the fork and the rear shocks, although just having issues with the front one. Managed to get a hold of Russel at Omnico so hopefully he will be able to resolve it. 

Thanks for the suggestions for other places, I think just having one local might be worth it already as at least I can rock up there and ask them what is going on

Thanks again for all the advice

• 2 weeks later...

Try one of the best mechies in Pretoria - Hilgard (072) 7316766, he's done 9 Epic's (as mechanic) and builds wheels like no other !

• 1 month later...

just an update with this. After my post here I actually got a reply from them, imagine that. Were happy to promise to help get the issue resolved. Of course other than the empty promise nothing has been done and can barely get them to even reply to my emails any more. Certainly will not be using them ever again, send them a shock that works 100% for preventative maintenance and they send it back with issues. What is worse they could not even be bothered to do anything about it when you bring it to their attention. If these are the importers for Fox I would much rather buy a bike with rock shocks next time

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Anybody got any suggestions on dealing with Omnico. I cant get any response when I contact them. I send my shocks in for service and now the front fork squeak when riding. They were a 100% before and I paid almost R2000 for the service, certainly did not expect to have them send back like this. Seems like the advice of servicing shocks are counter productive cause they cause more issues than they solve.

Anybody know of somewhere else to have shocks serviced who actually know what they are doing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

RAD Cycles KTM! Having been a former Fox Service and Warranty technician I'd like to have a look. Fork or rear shock? Is there a squeak as you hop on the saddle for the first time that goes away or a permanent irritation? What did Omnico replace when the service was done?