Critérium du Dauphiné 2015

tombeej

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Nibs was looking quite comfortable compared to Froome and the other top contenders.

It's not easy to see if one of these top cyclists are in difficulty by the way they look because they're all schooled in the tradition of 'the poker face'. Inside they might be in a very dark and tortured place, but outside they look impassive and their pedal stroke remains silky smooth.

The reason being that the moment they show a shimmer of weakness, they know they'll get attacked. One of the reasons they all wear dark glasses - the eyes never lie.

But I agree that Nibs is focused on the Tour (obviously has built his whole season around this 1 race), so he doesn't want to show his cards too soon. Which means we'll just have to wait until July when the legs do the talking.

post-22004-0-74085000-1434087503_thumb.jpg

IMO Nibs was looking quite comfortable compared to Froome and the other top contenders.

Go watch stage 14 of 2002 TDF.(Mont Ventoux)  The guy who won was suffering like hell while Armstrong just kept lifting the pace. It looked like Lance rode a flat piece of road because he didn't suffer at all (it didn't look like that). when the rest of the field suffers and a guy looks normal I start suspecting...

Didn't look like he cracked. . He just moved aside and checked the view.

Exactly, normally when one cracks you fight a bit first.....i.e. we will see them fighting to try close the gap and not just move over

Go watch stage 14 of 2002 TDF.(Mont Ventoux)  The guy who won was suffering like hell while Armstrong just kept lifting the pace. It looked like Lance rode a flat piece of road because he didn't suffer at all (it didn't look like that). when the rest of the field suffers and a guy looks normal I start suspecting...

13 years ago u say..... [adminweneedawinkingemoticon]

I think Nibbles is a very good poker player.

Yebo

Winning all 3 GTs, an exclusive club, requires smartness and legs and lungs

Yebo

Winning all 3 GTs, an exclusive club, requires smartness and legs and lungs

Maybe something else to :whistling:

I think Nibbles is a very good poker player.

Maybe for those folks who haven't perfected the art of the 'poker face' can do what this guy did.

American David Clinger. A former U.S. Postal, Festina and Rock Racing cyclist.

post-22004-0-67050800-1434094732_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-08615600-1434094738_thumb.jpg

Maybe for those folks who haven't perfected the art of the 'poker face' can do what this guy did.

W.T.F........

Wow, what a statement. Hope he doesn't wake up one day soon and realises he is tired of his face.

Wow, what a statement. Hope he doesn't wake up one day soon and realises he is tired of his face.

Apparently was a real natural talent, but a bit of a tortured soul with some issues for sure. Repeated doping issues eventually leading to a lifetime ban from cycling and now a recovering drug addict.

American David Clinger. A former U.S. Postal, Festina and Rock Racing cyclist.

I love how he has no other tats visible, went all in for the full face tat.

Archived