Preferred Bicycle Rack for Ford Ecosport

AJM

Hi,

Looking for a bicycle rack which will best fit my Ford Ecosport that does not require a tow bar. I have heard that Thule's spare tyre bike carriers do not fit the Ford Ecosport.

Any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I have the same issue.  Did you get any recommendations from any other sources?

Roof rack or tow bar will be ur options and since you will need to have tow bar fitted aswell they will cost about the same. I personally love roof racks.

• 3 months later...

Sitting with the same issue.

The cross-bars for the EcoSport that you get from Ford is R8800. I got the quote yesterday. Total rip-off!

Then only you can you fit the Thule carriers on top.

You can import similar bars for around R2600 (incl. shipping)

post-5035-0-12524400-1446027143_thumb.png

Hi,

Looking for a bicycle rack which will best fit my Ford Ecosport that does not require a tow bar. I have heard that Thule's spare tyre bike carriers do not fit the Ford Ecosport.

Any recommendations?

Call William at Thule in Woodmead - ask him - he is the expert.... :)

I had the cross bares fitted to mine, cost me R2065.00 Ford Cape Town, and mounted a Thule outride, works great.

I had the cross bares fitted to mine, cost me R2065.00 Ford Cape Town, and mounted a Thule outride, works great.

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

So i saw an Ecosport outside my gym this morning in Somerset West with a thule spare wheel mounted bike rack?

Thule does fit. I also have one at home for our Ecosport which hooks on the tyre. Cost around R1500, will upload a pic and name later.

Tom

Here's what I've got. Things rattled a bit today two bikes up on a corrugated dirt road. Might look to go the roof option. .

Thule does fit. I also have one at home for our Ecosport which hooks on the tyre. Cost around R1500, will upload a pic and name later.

Tom

post-44068-0-07647400-1448199920_thumb.jpg

Archived