Amateur rider beating the passport while on EPO

They should scrap the minimum bike weight limit and introduce a minimum rider weight limit. Lets say a round number like, 80

Some of them will be classified obese at 80kgs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The documentary is depressing, also shows how endemic doping can/has become in the amateur ranks. "Clean" does not mean they are not micro dosing, some pro's have mentioned it for a long time now. They are way ahead of the curve on testing, even better than other sporting codes. Pro's and amateurs alike. 

HOWEVER, I ride because I need to train, I train for health benefits, doping would neutralise that and probably have a negative effect on my health in the short and/or long term. At my level, who cares if I come 10th or 20th in my age group, it is good to just ride. I also do not care if others dope in the amateur ranks, their choices and their health/life.

In the pro ranks not so much, if you get caught you should probably face serious consequences, such as a possible jail sentence if proven, now that becomes sticky, because in the court of law, circumstantial evidence is not enough to shift the burden of proof by the state to ensure a conviction. The sporting codes and legislature will have to beef up the laws in order to fix this "loophole"  

When Berto got caught for Glenbutorol one side of the argument was that the dose found in his system was not enough to enhance the performance of a little mouse. It gave credibility to his defence of contamination and minute traces making it through the beef into his system.

Impey used the contamination defence as well. Suggesting the chemist who sold him something had earlier in the day handled the banned substance. Actually "proofed" this with receipts. We know all about LA' back dated medical certificates now.

Bringing me to the issue of micro dosing. I'm wondering how many of these guys are doing it with the argument that if it's not altering the passport then surely it's not illegal right? It must be within the rules same as lightweight bikes are allowed but to a limit of 6.8kgs. Not altering the passport in their minds is therefore within the limits of what's allowed.

Just speculating as to their mentality. I would be very surprised if anyone is clean.

When Berto got caught for Glenbutorol one side of the argument was that the dose found in his system was not enough to enhance the performance of a little mouse. It gave credibility to his defence of contamination and minute traces making it through the beef into his system.

Impey used the contamination defence as well. Suggesting the chemist who sold him something had earlier in the day handled the banned substance. Actually "proofed" this with receipts. We know all about LA' back dated medical certificates now.

Bringing me to the issue of micro dosing. I'm wondering how many of these guys are doing it with the argument that if it's not altering the passport then surely it's not illegal right? It must be within the rules same as lightweight bikes are allowed but to a limit of 6.8kgs. Not altering the passport in their minds is therefore within the limits of what's allowed.

Just speculating as to their mentality. I would be very surprised if anyone is clean.

I remember reading an article sometime back on the Spanish views on doping... basically it was a matter of don't get caught and all is good. The analogy which was brought up, I thought was pretty interesting: Richie McCaw... hands in the ruck, sneaky tactics etc on the Rugby field. He is basically "cheating", but many consider him one of the greatest players of all time. It is after all "part of the game".

Is doping in cycling just "part of the game"

I think so  :blush:

I remember reading an article sometime back on the Spanish views on doping... basically it was a matter of don't get caught and all is good. The analogy which was brought up, I thought was pretty interesting: Richie McCaw... hands in the ruck, sneaky tactics etc on the Rugby field. He is basically "cheating", but many consider him one of the greatest players of all time. It is after all "part of the game".

Is doping in cycling just "part of the game"

I think so  :blush:

Like using lavahounds in war....its almost like cheating :clap:

Like using lavahounds in war....its almost like cheating :clap:

Hahaha... you're sure gonna confuse a lot of people with this  :lol:

Hahaha... you're sure gonna confuse a lot of people with this  :lol:

2 words....mshini wami....just to really confuse people now.  :w00t:

How much does this 'micro dosing' cost, I mean is it really within reach of the average amateur?

I saw some suspicious results in the 70-74 age group at a recent 70.3 and wondered the same thing, I saw one of the guys and he does not look that old at all.... and I don't think he is using a forged passport either

I saw some suspicious results in the 70-74 age group at a recent 70.3 and wondered the same thing, I saw one of the guys and he does not look that old at all.... and I don't think he is using a forged passport either

He must be in high demand as a model for the HGH anti-ageing movement  :whistling:

How much does this 'micro dosing' cost, I mean is it really within reach of the average amateur?

Was wondering too. This is what Google revealed. It's as simple as going online and buying there according to the author of OP article.

He did have his EPO tested by a lab to confirm it's in fact the real deal before administering, so his not a complete idiot.

post-25309-0-98971300-1433948552_thumb.png

Archived