Oops ! Lizzie Armitstead loses control and goes down

eddy

Genade.. she caused one hell of a pile up..

Hope no one is too seriously injured.

how to go from looking cool to looking stupid in one second flat

hopefully her pride hurts more than the rest of her

shame :blush:

still she won so -  so what :clap:

Always wonder why the photographers have to be IN the road & THAT close to the finish line... Happens in so many of the professional races. Crossing the line at upwards of 50kph doesn't give the riders much time to slow down.

Still... that victory salute must hurt. Hope the hard collar etc was more of a precaution than an indicator of anything serious.

That looked nasty as well. 40 mins on the ground before being taken away not an ideal way to wrap up the stage.

Wonder if the she could hear the team accepting her prize while she was on her back? Hope they at least brought the cuddly toy over to show her. ;)

Always wonder why the photographers have to be IN the road & THAT close to the finish line... Happens in so many of the professional races. Crossing the line at upwards of 50kph doesn't give the riders much time to slow down.

Still... that victory salute must hurt. Hope the hard collar etc was more of a precaution than an indicator of anything serious.

There is a dedicated "block" we are allowed to shoot from from and is tightly controlled by the technical director of each tour at each stage and we can get fined if we put a foot outside that block, riders know it aswell. If she tagged a photog then its the riders fault plain and simple

Seems like she tagged the race director not even a photog' to add insult to injury!

This is a long time coming....suprised it hasn't happened before. Seen in the TDF dumb photographers standing in compromising positions with a 70 kph sprint coming in....health & safety drivel will require me to put on a high viz vest to take a leak yet this lot afford no danger traipsing on the wrong side of the barriers...????

This is a long time coming....suprised it hasn't happened before. Seen in the TDF dumb photographers standing in compromising positions with a 70 kph sprint coming in....health & safety drivel will require me to put on a high viz vest to take a leak yet this lot afford no danger traipsing on the wrong side of the barriers...

Mmmmm she hit the race director. There actually used to be a rule against taking both hands of the handle bars, not sure if it still a rule or even enforced.

This is a long time coming....suprised it hasn't happened before. Seen in the TDF dumb photographers standing in compromising positions with a 70 kph sprint coming in....health & safety drivel will require me to put on a high viz vest to take a leak yet this lot afford no danger traipsing on the wrong side of the barriers...

although it has happened before ...if you watch the video you will see that she was doing a look no hands move then lost control of the bike and then hit the group on foot (who where being quite controlled about where they where standing compared to some other events ) :ph34r:

if you are a competitive cyclist in those level of events you are used the crowds on the side lines its part of the game and part of the sport :thumbup:

Ridiculous. I fully agree, nobody should be in the road when there is that bunch coming.

I am feeling sorry for her, as she is the one that came worse off.

Don't blame the photographers, nor the race director. She lost control of her bike whilst celebrating. It's her fault entirely and she could have hurt riders behind her. 

Without the photographers, there'd be no cool official pics for us to look at. 

Archived