Disappointed in coach Swen Lauer - swenlauer.com

MarcL

I still want a peek at the two week program.......with all the expertise here it might even result in a case of plagiarism......UCI have a copy-paste certificate in MTB coaching.

The OP should paste it in training, health and nutrition forum, asking for suggestions on how to complete the missing months.... should give it some more mileage or maybe better to keep it here all on one thread?

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who's gonna buy a ktm and get to ask Sven the burning question.....

When will you pay back the money?

And meanwhile, totally oblivious to the Hubs discussion on him, now world famous Sevn Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school prepares for the weekend...

Via @swenlauer on Twitter

B1YFYYLCAAEk5yJ.jpg

Who still smokes Styvie Blues anyways? They stopped being cool when those skiing adverts with all the lumo clothes got pulled!

HAS ANYONE ELSE PULLED A SHEBEEN ON THE OKE???

maybe. but i just got a reply from him 20 minutes ago. maybe he isn't reading the thread after all? 

I'll ask him about technical coaching over email.

Hi Steven

I can't just write you a program and I can't give you a program from other athletes. They payed for it. 

I am sure you'll find someone who is keen to support you somehow.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Swen Lauer

And meanwhile, totally oblivious to the Hubs discussion on him, now world famous Sevn Lauer - UCI certified MTB & BMX Coach l KTM bikes/Giro/Crank brother Ambassador l Product Designer l Founder of Pedal2Medal bike school prepares for the weekend... Via @swenlauer on Twitter B1YFYYLCAAEk5yJ.jpg

That's not him, surely? He has hair... And I'm not Sherlock, but those cars and the guy behind the hand look suspiciously local. #stereotyping

I've only read the first and last two pages, But the guy has been riding trails in Europe for the last 5 weeks according to his instagram profile.

And the photo above is not Swen..

Not defending the guy just some info

Ask him if he can send you a program and then you pay him, if he asks why tell him he doesn't have a very good reputation on the hub. So it is a safety measure so that you don't loose money. Then when you receive the program if he sends it refuse to pay

According to Wikipedia: "Swen is a mass mailing computer worm written in C++. It sends an email which contains the installer for the virus, disguised as a Microsoft Windows update"

Most Interesting...it described Swen as a worm and a virus. :eek:

Ask him if he can send you a program and then you pay him, if he asks why tell him he doesn't have a very good reputation on the hub. So it is a safety measure so that you don't loose money. Then when you receive the program if he sends it refuse to pay

I was thinking more along the lines of 419 fake deposit slip. 

If there are three sides to every story - Mine / His and the truth?

Here's MINE: 

2 years ago, I sent my newbie wife to Swen Lauer for some skills. (Found him on the W2W site) - I tagged along for fun and Swen did a great job with my wife... She is now a demon on the MTB - Thanks for that.

Fast forward to this year, as I got an Epic entry, I decided to call up coach Swen to get a training program. He explained he had all these top athletes and agreed to give me a program based on my very erratic schedule. (I'm away for weeks at a time and can't train, but then home for weeks where I can train without restriction - I sent him my schedule)

His fee was around R1000 per month plus a R1000 deposit. I agreed to pay him for 6 months in advance and I paid in Euros - I gave him €600. My first mistake....

About a week later a got a two week block of a training program. After that two week period, I was away for a week so was not alarmed when I did not receive anything else. Then into week four, nothing... and week five nothing.

I sent a couple of reminder emails... nothing.

So on week six, I made other arrangements. That was a month ago and to date, still no reply to my emails with regards to refunding my money.

I tried calling but no luck either....

So before I rant about him running off with my money and not delivering on the agreement, I would like him to either explain HIS side or refund my money. 

So over to you Swen Lauer....

UPDATE 7 - The Final

Progress!!! Thanks to the power of theHUB with no less the 36 000 views and 460 comments, Swen Lauer has paid up!!!

Granted it was only €300 but as already stated €300 is better than €0

Yes I do still feel hard done by, but I will chalk this one up to experience and add it to the total cost of my Cape Epic experience, which by all accounts will be substantial - Hope it's worth it?

So lessons learnt:

- theHUB rocks!!!!

- "UCI credited" means nothing when it comes to ethics

- Get a real reference

- Shop around

- Never pay in advance

- Did I mention theHUB rocks!!!

So I lost €300 and Swen Lauer did some serious damage his reputation, I hope it was worth it Swen Lauer?

All this could have been avoided if Swen Lauer just did the right thing from day one....

Happy trails this weekend!

(And time for a new topic)

Archived