bike set up in Durban

Veebee

Where is the best place in Durban to get a set up done?

have been experiencing slight pain on my inner right knee and some sharp lower back pain especially when I do more hill training. Want to get this sorted asap, don't mind spending $$$ for a professional service.

Tks

I have yet to go but have been recommended to Deno van Heerden from BikeFit in Ballito. Just waiting for my new bike so don't have to do it twice.

You will find his details on Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have a booking with Deno for next Saturday... will let you guys know how it goes.

How did the set-up go?  I know it was too cold and wet to ride, but did he adjust much?

How did the set-up go?  I know it was too cold and wet to ride, but did he adjust much?

Went well, Deno is great guy and assisted with every request I threw at him.

all the basics had to be adjusted. Saddle height/position by some margin, had cleat wedges added and had to get a shorter stem. And lastly I need to get a wider saddle.

Yip was too cold to try out, will do a loop around Bluff tomorrow but need about 2 weeks of riding to feel the change.

Vivek, if you don't mind me asking, what did this set you back $$$? Excluding the new stem of course...

Vivek, if you don't mind me asking, what did this set you back $$$? Excluding the new stem of course...

R650.

Seems like a worthwhile investment!! Keep us posted with how it all turns out...

3 short rides in and what I can already feel is that my power transfer is much better. Hamstrings now work a lot more which is a good thing as they need to get stronger and play their part in the pedal stroke.

Hi All

I offer a bike fitting service based in Durban North, I offer a fully comprehensive bike fit, including cleat alignment and shimming.  So if you are feeling any hot foot, numbness or lower back pain on the bike it is time you make a booking and make your cycling a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks Clayton

Cycle Symmetry

083 227 0429

clayton@cyclesymmetry.co.za

https://www.facebook.com/cyclesymmetry

• 2 weeks later...

Clayton what is your price for bikefit ??

He charges R450. Bargain!  Just been to have it done.  No more pain!!!!

This is what was done:

• Saddle raised 12mm and leveled. 
  • 2 shims on right foot, 1 shim on left foot
  • Cleats aligned properly over pedals
  • Need new stem.  Current one is 120mm, need 100mm.