Which 29er dual suspension???

johnathanreed

You say you've narrowed it down to 3 bikes yet I only see 1 bike mentioned.

GIANT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok maybe i'm just a little bit biased. But still GIANT :thumbup: 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giant Anthem.

But I would go for the 27.5 Sx. Still great for longer rides and will be a lot more fun on the single track.

I ride the Giant Anthem X 29er with an upgraded wheelset which is the Stans ZTR Arch EX Rims with Hope Hubs. This bike is so smooth and literally gobbles up the miles, while my riding mates with their Scotts are forever fiddling with their Twinlocks to attain the desired ride. I stay in my Trail Setting position and the bike just glides over and climbs everything.

Sometimes my limitations does this awesome bike an injustice

Ride a scott 710, tried the anthem,was lacking in the excitement I wanted,in a bike.,Scott just felt right  ,love the twinlock,almost like having three bikes in one,just completed a 550km ride  ,and the bike ,is amazing,no need to change wheels ,components its all there!

Ride all before you buy.

Actually wanted to like the anthem (have a 26 anthem I still ride) but the scott was way better for me.

The Twinlock is an awesome feature, and on the 920 Spark that I had it was great - on the middle setting it climbed like a goat.

But on the Anthem you don't need to lock it out.  It doesn't bob horribly and bounce over small roots, rocks and bumps like the Scott does on the fully open setting.  You find yourself constantly using the Twin lock lever to get the best out of the suspension, which is not the end of the world, just annoying when your route goes up and down a lot.  The Anthem is more of a 'ride and forget' sort of bike.

I also found the Scott incredibly skittish in the loose stuff, especially in sand.  Although overall it's a fantastic bike.  So is the Anthem.  You'll be very happy with either.

*I've not ridden the Silverback, so can't comment on it.

hi Dirtypot. i'm loving the Scott 920 i bought from you. the twinloc works lekka especially when getting out of the saddle and hammering it.  so my vote : SCOTT!!

**NB**

If you live in the Garden Route area I would seriously consider the 27.5 version of the Giant

Harkerville and Garden Route Trail Park and other is 27.5 country.

Open to opinion but I would choose Silverback, I have the DS Mercury and while i have not ridden the Giant I have ridden Spark and prefer the Silverback. 

hi Dirtypot. i'm loving the Scott 920 i bought from you. the twinloc works lekka especially when getting out of the saddle and hammering it. so my vote : SCOTT!!

Glad to hear that you're still happy :)

It's a fantastic bike, and I'd rather have it than the Anthem, but compared to the 940 Scott I think that the Giant wins.

But really, all of these bikes are good and you'll be happy on any of them.

Archived