The Salvage Thread

Eldron

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i have a 21" Trek X-Caliber 2009 frame ... rebuilt my bike last month . its still in pretty good condition. if anyone has a decent second hand 29" front shock i would appreciate it ... rebuilding the wifes bike at the moment....

Hi All,

Have a few old things here but most of them may not be usable. The hubs have parts taken out of them such as covers and the ball bearings, the chains are not full chains and pretty old.

The saddle seems in good nick though amd tje brakes are pretty old also. The one bottle cage is in good nick as is the other and the rotor is a bit bent.

One set of lock on grips in good condition, the other a little worn. There is a rear shock stantion that came off mt RP23 that has a slight nick on it.

I am looking for a marsh guard or any mtb stem less than 60mm but not direct mount. Just want to test a shorter stem out.

Thanks

i would be interested in taking the crank and one bottom bearing off your hands.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm looking for  MTB hardtail frames, forks, brakes, cranks and wheels if you have any lying about.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

I'm wanting to rebuild an old MTB, I think it's about 1983:

I have the frame and forks, but I'm looking for 'V' pull brakes and levers, shifters and derailleurs, wheels, bar etc.

Anyone have any of this still lying around?

If you do, I'd appreciate it. Happy to pay for it too.

Edited by HeyYou

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/jimr2527/Diamond%20Back/DSC05966_zpsm0ely6gq.jpg

http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/Images/83StumpFork.JPG

Edited by HeyYou

Guest notmyname

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2015/09/02/1441165922300-1pe4my5ler61b-700-80.jpg

Wow. That's damn cool. What a find.

Anyone got old rotors not useable for bike?

I have a set of 160mm (in good nick) at home in a box somewhere (I think). I see you are in CPT though...

Hi Guys

I'm wanting to rebuild an old MTB, I think it's about 1983:

I have the frame and forks, but I'm looking for 'V' pull brakes and levers, shifters and derailleurs, wheels, bar etc.

Anyone have any of this still lying around?

If you do, I'd appreciate it. Happy to pay for it too.

I have some "vintage" stuff. Let me see what I can pull together this weekend. PM me in the meantime.

• 3 months later...