TDF commentary .... Time for a change

Popit

Another beaut from Paul " Thesaurus " Sherwin yesterday ... " riders need to watch their CALORIFIC intake "..... WTF .... just say they have to watch how much , and what they eat ....

By the way WTF= Where's The Food ?? :thumbup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Warner. On his own, For any sport ever. Most are too rude to print (esp before Redbull took over freecaster and seemed to muzzle him a bit), but here are some:

"Ah man he's all over the place like a monkey trying to dry hump a football".

"hes locked in the hotseat like an Austrian in a basement"

"That's as popular as a ginger-haired step child"

"Steve Peat has done more for Downhill Mountain Biking than Osama Bin Laden has done for terrorism"

"Nick Beer; the man with the perfect name"

"Join us tomorrow for the downhill, live and exclusive on Freecaster, well, not if you've got Eurosport but their commentary sucks.... I mean that, I swear they just make it up on the spot, so watch it here."

Is it just me , or is Paul Sherwin past his sell by date ?

Phil is still bearable , but Paul is really irritating .

I find the 2 guys whose commentary we heard for some of the 1 day classics far more jovial , entertaining , and enlightening . I know the one guy is Carlton Kirby .

Seems to me Paul Sherwin feels that he has to talk ALL the time , so he tries to be over eloquent , and subsequently yesterday the TDF passed through an area where , to quote , " milk is grown "??

On the plus side , the scenery is ALWAYS spectacular , and the racing has been some of the best I can remember , for a very long time .

I would vote for José Been (breath of fresh air in the stodgy cycling commentary environment), she comments on Eurosport and really know her stuff, the guys could learn a trick or 10 from her, Phil and Paul, they have grown lazy with their commentary and in general is painful to listen to. 

Also she can multi-media, knows how to use social media,  speaks several languages and LOVES the sport. 

There if fixed it

Edited by Cargyrl