TDF commentary .... Time for a change

Popit

Probeer jy om die derde boere oorlog te begin?

:ph34r:

Google translate is coming up short on that one (something about farmers and wars), but I have no doubt that acting on your advice will not be in my best interest.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Google translate is coming up short on that one (something about farmers and wars), but I have no doubt that acting on your advice will not be in my best interest.

Blerrie rooinek

I said are you trying to start the 3rd boer war

Howz Boksburg looking these days?

Just kidding about the rooinek thing, just trying my best OomH impersonation

How about some Xhosa commentary? Always exciting even if I don't understand a word.

Paul seems to think he needs to fill every silence. Yesterday he even interupted himself several times in the same sentence. He should stop trying to so much. Gaps filled with crowd and bike noise is cool.

How about some Xhosa commentary? Always exciting even if I don't understand a word.

Paul seems to think he needs to fill every silence. in Yesterday he even interupted himself several times the same sentence. He should stop trying to so much. Gaps filled with crowd and bike noise is cool.

LMFAO

Well said .... :clap:

I've just pointed Carlton in the direction of his unofficial South African fan club (this thread)...

Do you have any idea if Dan and Carlton are commentating on the Tour ??

Do you have any idea if Dan and Carlton are commentating on the Tour ??

Carlton is commenting on the EuroSport feed with Sean Kelly although you will have to stream the feed off the net.

You are not alone, in my opinion the two P's past their sell by date 5 years ago.

Honestly, if you relied on Phil's commentary you could be forgiven for thinking there was only one team in the race, much like the days of his commentary around Lance and UPS and Discovery.

Paul sounds like he is reciting the same mantra daily, if I hear one more time that Tony Martin missed the Yellow jersey by 1 second I think I will scream.

Give me Carlton Kirby or Mathew Keenan any day, professional and smooth. 

Well I don't know.... Paul and Phil are just such a fixture at the TdF that I think we'd all miss them quite a bit.

Perhaps they could slowly introduce some new voices onto the TdF team over the next few years.

You are not alone, in my opinion the two P's past their sell by date 5 years ago.

Honestly, if you relied on Phil's commentary you could be forgiven for thinking there was only one team in the race, much like the days of his commentary around Lance and UPS and Discovery.

Paul sounds like he is reciting the same mantra daily, if I hear one more time that Tony Martin missed the Yellow jersey by 1 second I think I will scream.

Give me Carlton Kirby or Mathew Keenan any day, professional and smooth. 

AKA Murray and Ferrari....

Yes they are fixtures, but at what point does better commentary trump legacy?

The only commentators that should never have been changed was Julain Ryder and Keith Huewen!! I watch old YouTube videos just to hear them again... then I go huddle in the shower and think about how empty my life is without them.