[Event] 20th Barberton XCM MTB Challenge 2016

Barberton XCM MTB

What a fantastic race- and amAzing experience!!

This was my virgin marathon and Barberton xcm ! Could have chosen a slightly easier option for my first but hay I have new found respect for those mountains and I sure learnt a thimg or two up there!

Here's to that killer climb, the amazing views and my first marathon on a 1x10 haha ????

4.45 on the 77km not too Shabs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Click in your ride where it shows all ride data for the Ultra. Then in the top right Corner it will show Elevation. Click on it and it will ask "Elevation Correction" just click yes and refresh the page and voila. Correct Elevation.

Thanks but nothing happens when I click on the elevation?

Never mind though - I did the ride, that is what counts for me

Another marathon done and very dusted.  Missed my sub4 by 5mins!! dammit

As always a great race, but seriously.......................seriously organizers - that singletrack through the burnt veld where we zig zag up and down over dusty bumpy terrain only to emerge 100m down the road where we entered....not cool.  Please take that section out, adds no value to the experience.

That climb at 65km on the other hand is a BEEAAATCH on tired legs, loved seeing everyone grind up there.

What a fantastic race- and amAzing experience!!

This was my virgin marathon and Barberton xcm ! Could have chosen a slightly easier option for my first but hay I have new found respect for those mountains and I sure learnt a thimg or two up there!

Here's to that killer climb, the amazing views and my first marathon on a 1x10 haha

4.45 on the 77km not too Shabs

Was also my 1st MTB race but back in 1998.

Did marathon on a hybrid and takkies.

Was planning to ride again this year but broke a few bones 6 weeks ago.

Will try for next year's race.

Another marathon done and very dusted.  Missed my sub4 by 5mins!! dammit

As always a great race, but seriously.......................seriously organizers - that singletrack through the burnt veld where we zig zag up and down over dusty bumpy terrain only to emerge 100m down the road where we entered....not cool.  Please take that section out, adds no value to the experience.

That climb at 65km on the other hand is a BEEAAATCH on tired legs, loved seeing everyone grind up there.

Any piece of singletrack adds more value than a stretch of district road, to any mtb experience. In fact, if you're technically competent, that little piece of track could easily afford you an opportunity to pull a minute or two gap on whoever is hot on your tail. It was there (albeit that they made a slight error and almost missed the start of it) that i managed to pull a gap on JCZA and his partner, that they almost managed to close in the last 30 km.

Was my first Ultra, rode it with the missus and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Also got just over 2600m ascent and completed it in 6H35. 

Well done again Marc! You and L had a super strong ride!

Any piece of singletrack adds more value than a stretch of district road, to any mtb experience.

Well after your use of sweeping statements and absolutes, how can one argue?

Any piece of singletrack adds more value than a stretch of district road, to any mtb experience. In fact, if you're technically competent, that little piece of track could easily afford you an opportunity to pull a minute or two gap on whoever is hot on your tail. It was there (albeit that they made a slight error and almost missed the start of it) that i managed to pull a gap on JCZA and his partner, that they almost managed to close in the last 30 km.

Great ride! Saw you again but I suffered in the final 10km and couldn't close the gap. 

Great ride! Saw you again but I suffered in the final 10km and couldn't close the gap.

I looked back at the 2nd last water point and thought that you two were my team mates, whom I couldn't allow to catch me, so I emptied the tank completely from there to the finish, only to discover that it was you guys and not them.

Had i known, i would've waited there and the 3 of us could've worked together.