Suikerbos finally open to cycle

26er

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna ride it on my rigid hit..have done it before on road bike. It is tough. Where is the other entrance bar the one of the main red. Can't think now what the name of the road is. Also how long is the longer loop ? Have only ever done the 42km .

Awesome thanks,should be able to find it now. On the segments don't see Latin acid hill,or at least that's what strava calls it?

I think there is an entrance on the R42 as well. Short loop I think. Pse someone correct me if I am wrong.

Is this where the main entrance is to start a ride (by the green dot) ?

No, that dot is the south/Kareekloof entrance. The main entrance is near that top circular loop on the map. You can do a short 46km loop or the longer 58km loop from that entrance at Kareekloof. From the main entrance you can only do a long lap.

Awesome thanks,should be able to find it now. On the segments don't see Latin acid hill,or at least that's what strava calls it?

if you zoom in further on strava you might see it. 

Is there a longer loop than that?

Covering the whole red line is 57kms.  Doing (part) repeats and cycling in from elsewhere e.g. the circus, is the way to get more distance.

It looks like the Northern Entrance is off of the R550?

Correct

For me, the south entrance is a better place to start from.

If you want to ride to the reserve from somewhere like the circus or wherever, the R557 is a much safer road to travel along.

The R550 is full of potholes, passes a location, and has a lot of trucks travelling along there, with no shoulder for the most part.

Is this where the main entrance is to start a ride (by the green dot) ?

Please do not remind me of those hills, riding it on Saturday. :blush:  :blush:

Archived