Froome Braces for Doping questions

shaper

A few years ago Froome was going to get dumped by Sky.... Then he pitches up at the Vuelta that same year and comes 2nd. Would've won if he wasn't the domestique. Then 2nd at the TdF the next year. Again, could've been a win.

From just another World Tour rider to what? A world tour "great" at this rate. Talk about a transformation.....

Their explanation was: he had a undetected bilharzia. Once it was detected and treated, there was a performance improvement.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago Froome was going to get dumped by Sky.... Then he pitches up at the Vuelta that same year and comes 2nd. Would've won if he wasn't the domestique. Then 2nd at the TdF the next year. Again, could've been a win.

From just another World Tour rider to what? A world tour "great" at this rate. Talk about a transformation.....

True, sort of. There was also a long-term serious illness that he only got sorted around that time. But yes, timing can be interesting if not contextualised. As is every allegation against every rider, I guess

Their explanation was: he had a undetected bilharzia. Once it was detected and treated, there was a performance improvement.

2nd at Vuelta and TdF while he had Bilharzia, yes. Must've really struggled then.

He still has bilharzia. Until all the parasites and their eggs are eliminated a bilharzia sufferer still has bilharzia .

I have nothing against Froome. He is from Africa FFS!!! I just call it as i see it. If they have nothing to hide why the big issue regarding the leaked results and the bizarre TV interview? Ferrari figured out the magic numbers years ago what has changed now? I can understand that most of you get upset as i am challenging based on feelings and assumptions and no concrete proof.

I have however done a lot of research on this subject and believe my instinct to be more than a wild guess.

I am glad for you believers. I was one too at one stage.

I have nothing against Froome. He is from Africa FFS!!! I just call it as i see it. If they have nothing to hide why the big issue regarding the leaked results and the bizarre TV interview? Ferrari figured out the magic numbers years ago what has changed now? I can understand that most of you get upset as i am challenging based on feelings and assumptions and no concrete proof.

I have however done a lot of research on this subject and believe my instinct to be more than a wild guess.

I am glad for you believers. I was one too at one stage.

Of course they would want to hide power figures, it's their competitive edge! That concept is not a new one.

I''m sorry, but by definition you are the believer as you have no proof. I hope they are clean, you believe they are not.

I'm starting to think you are trolling TBH

2nd at Vuelta and TdF while he had Bilharzia, yes. Must've really struggled then.

When did Bobby Julich start working with Froome? Wasn't it also in 2011?

Read Floyds book Positively False. He denies doping at all costs. Half the book is about justifying the power ratios on that epic TDF stage. Its very believable - i even believed him. Then came the admission. I realized then men would do anything to protect their sport. Its about bread and butter on the table and their families. Its about more than just cycling. Howd you think Lance could lie looking you straight in the eyes without flinching? These guys are all rockstars and they need to keep it going for as long as possible

Of course they would want to hide power figures, it's their competitive edge! That concept is not a new one.

I''m sorry, but by definition you are the believer as you have no proof. I hope they are clean, you believe they are not.

I'm starting to think you are trolling TBH

. And you are ill informed and ignorant. Cinderella is real by the way.

When did Bobby Julich start working with Froome? Wasn't it also in 2011?

Bobby Julich? Surely you mean Bjarne... Er no, I am SO confused who is closer to dodgy fella's... :)

The bilharzia was detected and treated 2010. The 2nd at the Vuelta was 2011.

Riding with bilharzia, he placed 83rd in the 2008 Tour and 34th in the 2009 Giro

If sky is innocent then why waste time with us doom prophets or should i say trolls? Its like you want to prove something.

And there come the insults again... This is typical of somebody who has a shaky argument. Good luck with that.

Bobby Julich? Surely you mean Bjarne... Er no, I am SO confused who is closer to dodgy fella's... :)

Bobby Julich worked with froome at Sky before he confessed and was kicked out.. I think it was in 2011.. maybe a different coaching approach contributed as well.

If sky is innocent then why waste time with us doom prophets or should i say trolls? Its like you want to prove something.

It's not about Sky being innocent or not, it's about people presenting thin arguments and stating them as fact. If you can't see that then there is no point in talking to you.

Fallacy ref time again!

ad%2Bhominem.jpg

Archived