[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge

News bot

Event Name: Fedhealth MTB Challenge
When: 6 September 2015
Where: Meerendal Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Spring has sprung and this exciting family event taking place on the 6th September 2015, invites you to a weekend of mountain biking action at the beautiful Meerendal Wine Estate, only minutes away from Cape Town. Join in on array of events suited to the whole family, plus loads of activities for the kids whilst further boasting a truly spectacular array of South African food vendors, delicious wines, massage zones, great value for entry goodie bags and loads of REALLY big lucky draw prizes and lastly yet most importantly, world renowned trails!

Whether you are just starting out on a mountain bike, always wanted to enter a race with the family or are wanting to get a marathon distance under your belt in preparation for the FNB Wines2Whales MTB Events, then this is the event for you, get your entry in now to avoid missing out on the this event

Date: 6 September 2015

Venue: Meerendal Wine Estate

Distances: 15km Fun Ride, 35km & 60km

Start Times:

15km: 08h30

35km: 08h00

65km: 07h00
Pre-Entries Open: 31 March 2015

Pre-Entries Close: 28 August 2015

More details here: http://www.stillwatersports.com/event/fedhealth-mtb-challenge/

KIDS EVENT FAST FACTS

Date: 5 September 2015

Venue: Meerendal Wine Estate

Distances: 500m, 1,5km & 5km

Start Times:

500m (0-6 years): 13h00

1,5km (6-8 years) : 13h30

5km (9-11 years): 13h45
Pre-Entries Open: 31 March 2015

Pre-Entries Close: 24 August 2015

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be bothered to enter into events with such kark info. No route maps, distances on profiles wrong etc. Passing on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've entered my wife and myself (dare I say for the 60km but I might drop down to the 35km). Thought all the information was there on their website? Looks like an awesome day out on the Tygerberg trails in an organised and sponsored environment.

I can't be bothered to enter into events with such kark info. No route maps, distances on profiles wrong etc. Passing on this one.

Better info than most races, imho. Detailed description of routes with profiles?

Looking forward to this one.

mmmmmm,

Now where to go ride on the 6th of Spring? Maybe a loooong gravel travel as training for Karoo to Kus.

mmmmmm,

Now where to go ride on the 6th of Spring? Maybe a loooong gravel travel as training for Karoo to Kus.

If you want training for K2C come and do the Tip Trans Cederberg Experience on the 5th.

I would have liked my son to do the kiddies race, but with it being on sat I can't make it.  No way i'll finished 115km's in Citrusdal and be back in time.

Edited by Ratty

I've entered the 60, sure it will feel like an 80 in my current fitness state, but keen to give it a whirl.  I'm actually kinda nervous!

This is either going to be great fun or super frustrating with the way the routes both loop through Hoogekraal. Going to do the 35km and have a great day out! Want to experience the last bit of the Epic up the back of Dorstberg without having to do the Epic! :)

Just want to confirm is the 65km route starting at 7am - Ive entered but can't find the correct information anywhere.

Just want to confirm is the 65km route starting at 7am - Ive entered but can't find the correct information anywhere.

From an organiser's email, which doesn't seem right???

Sunday 6th September 2015:

Fedhealth MTB Challenge 35km (08h00 - you will be batched by SA Seeding - batches departing every 10mins)

Fedhealth MTB Challenge 60km (08h30 - you will be batched by SA Seeding - batches departing every 10mins)

Edited by flymango

Organisers must consider making the start for long route at 7am - 830am is way too late.

Can we get organisers to give feedback please.

Best idea for having the 35km start first. The congestion at Hoogekraal would be horrible if the two routes merged there by starting the 60km first. No way to pass and the 60km is going down Cobra and then referring at the top again. It might be hotter but both races should have clear trail now