Aggressive driver threatens cyclists

Cog Masher

Cycling my route home this early afternoon around 13:30 I was approaching the road work stop on chappies from Hout Bay side when some idiot in a small white bakkie registration number CA 712 497 came racing up behind me after overtaking cars which were slowing down for the stop. I was stopped waiting and some other cyclist joined me. While we were stopped the guy was pointing to us and showing that he wanted to kill us by making the "cut throat" gesture with his hand, I looked at him and gestured "whats your problem" and come here if you have something to say, he continued to pull signs. The workman at the stop and go said he must be drunk. When it was time to go, he was first in the cue, he came up to me and stopped saying I must go first so he could drive into me. I told him to f off and get out his car if he wanted too. He didnt.

Obviously I waited till all the cars had gone and then went up. Something needs to be done about these idiots because they will end up killing someone. A bicycle and car is no fair match and obviously the guys are cowards too.

Sorry to hear..

Maybe he was high...

Actually i met lots of good drivers today..

Not always meet them though. Hahaha

Some idiots make all drivers look bad...

Payday weekend!Some cazies out there.This afternoon I saw a guy drinking box wine out of the box while behind the steering wheel, in Campsbay!You were lucky to get through the checkpoint,yesterday we were turned back

Go lay a charge in Hout Bay. You have a witness and his license plate number

i agree - take the time to do this. i did it a year or 2 ago and spoilt an idiots birthday braai. nothing worse than having a a cop ring your doorbell on sunday afternoon and saying this guy said you threatened him ...... or shall i rephrase it , nothing better to ring a guys doorbell and remind him that he threatened to a cyclist an hour ago. 

Funily enough so did I. Had a lovely ride with no real issues until this oaky came along...

good for you bro remain calm and let the sad little micro penis wonder dry up  and blow away

pleased you enjoyed your ride

stay safe

Cycling my route home this early afternoon around 13:30 I was approaching the road work stop on chappies from Hout Bay side when some idiot in a small white bakkie registration number CA 712 497 came racing up behind me after overtaking cars which were slowing down for the stop. I was stopped waiting and some other cyclist joined me. While we were stopped the guy was pointing to us and showing that he wanted to kill us by making the "cut throat" gesture with his hand, I looked at him and gestured "whats your problem" and come here if you have something to say, he continued to pull signs. The workman at the stop and go said he must be drunk. When it was time to go, he was first in the cue, he came up to me and stopped saying I must go first so he could drive into me. I told him to f off and get out his car if he wanted too. He didnt.

Obviously I waited till all the cars had gone and then went up. Something needs to be done about these idiots because they will end up killing someone. A bicycle and car is no fair match and obviously the guys are cowards too.

Well done on keeping your cool. Funny how "stirrers" do NOT get out of their cars..... maybe that's better because cyclists have the cleats....the helmet..... the gloves.... the heavy water bottle.... the pump..... and lastly...the bike! I agree on going to the cops.... you have a registration number!

A bicycle and car is no fair match and obviously the guys are cowards too.

It's like arriving at a gun fight with a knife!!

I'm glad you made it home unscathed.

T

time for something like this

post-67394-0-61651800-1437978177_thumb.jpg

as mentioned already, go lay a charge and let the cops rattle him up a bit. We don't need $!@# like this on our roads.

What is missing here is a reasonable explanation as to why the guy was upset; and I don't think the cops are too interested in following up a case where the full extent of the issue was him making a couple of cutthroat gestures.   Let us know how it goes though, would be happy to be wrong.

Crazy people out there hey

Add some mind-altering substances, then voila!

Glad you're safe, man.

I would also like to understand why some drivers are so intolerant. Also rode yesterday on my own- very windy and cold- and all the cars that passed me, did so with a save distance.

Then there was this one guy who passed me as close as possible at a very high speed, pressing his horn and showing signs with his finger. Probably indicating his IQ.

Although there is no yellow lane, the road is rather wide and I was riding on the edge. There was no oncoming traffic so he had ample space to pass me without reducing speed.

I wonder if drivers like this and the one in the OP think about and understand the possible consequences of hitting a cyclist. One thing is for sure, they are definitely not mature enough to deal with it.

time for something like this

attachicon.gifgunbike2.jpg

as mentioned already, go lay a charge and let the cops rattle him up a bit. We don't need $!@# like this on our roads.

Do you get these in carbon, hehe

Archived